fun question

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

fun question

Postby ke4uzj » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:54 pm

i have been asked what my nickname means , so i thought i would ask others...
what is the meaning behind the ones that aren't your actual name .
does it mean something special, just something off top of your head so on so forth .

btw ke4uzj means - i am a amateur radio operator (ham radio) this is my fcc call sign, and is unique to me so i knew noone else would be using it. but it is special to me because i had to test to get it, and it was done as a bet by my hubby and his friends that i could never do it without ever looking at a book or taking a class( we were at an event that offered testing) . i took the test in 7 minutes and passed it on a whim..... so for the wondering minds there ya go
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby cash71 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:16 pm

I have a long Italian last name (thanks honey :lol: ) and the first syllable is pronounced Cash. My DH brothers all call me Momma Cash. And 71 is the year I was born.

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:46 pm

The only nickname I've ever had was "Bones". I was so skinny growing up and my dad called me that. If only it was still true!!!

Now just have the asap tag, GG or Georgia.

PS -- Guess I should have added that "Georgia" is where I live and "Gal", well, because I am.
Last edited by georgiagal on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgiagal

Postby the 4ks » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:59 pm

The 4 k's is because of my hubby Ken and our 3 kids names start with a K...I'm the only odd ball because my name starts with P.

Ken
Kendra
Kenny
Kensie

All 3 kiddos are named after Daddy, but the baby Kensie does have my middle name :)
the 4ks

Postby Beverley » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:13 pm

I am named after my Dad.. His name was Beverly George (without the extra e) until he joined the Navy. Then he legally changed his name to just George.

So when my brother and I were born (we are faternal twins) my brother was was named George and I was named Beverley (with the e). The extra e is sopostobe the female spelling. Not too sure about all that all I know is noone ever spells it wright. lol

Beverley
Decompression Surgery Feb 8, 2008 w/Duraplasty & Laminectomy C-1&2
Cervical Disc Fusion 11/08 C5&6/6&7- Mild Disc Bulge L2-Focal Hemangioma
L2-L5-Lipoma 3mm L4&L5-Disc Bulge T11&T12-DDD
Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (DRD)
Beverley

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Very interesting post!!
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby ke4uzj » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:29 pm

well, since we are referring to real names :

my real name is patty and there is a story to it...my dad is irish,and i have 2 older sisters and a brother,well he wanted another son (and back in 1971 they didn't tell ya before we were born if it were pink or blue)
well here comes a girl he couldn't name paddy (thank God)
(irish male name) so he named me patty , and tried to raise me as a son lol
most think my true name is patricia (my Dad would have a heart attack if he were here and ever heard that) i have to show my ss card when filling out legal documents to prove it's not a nick name .
but, since i am southern i don't get called patty i get the full throttle of patty lynn .

all i can say is thank God i was not a boy....
can you imagine being named paddy in central alabama around all these rednecks lol
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

ke4uzj

Postby glacierlily » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:58 pm

I use the nickname "glacierlily" because it's one of my favorite wildflowers. It appears in the rocky mountains in spring/early summer. Here's a link if you'd like to see what they look like.

http://www.intangibility.com/inw/Wildfl ... -Lily.html

And... I just have to mention this: It brings to mind a phrase I'm fond of making to my husband -- "But I'm just a delicate little flower petal!" -- when anything heavy needs to be moved around or carried. ;)

Heh heh.

Cathy
Syringomyelia, Scoliosis, Raynaud's Syndrome
Tethered cord release surgery - 5/13/08
glacierlily

Postby mrsariel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:00 pm

This posting really made me smile tonight. Thanks for starting it.
Well I guess MOST of you could guess why I am mrsariel. I love all things Little Mermaid. Every room in our house has something with little mermaid on it. I am always searching for grown up clothing with her on it. Our friend even got a pattern for his electric fancy sewing machine. I have it on a sweatshirt and a sweatshirt jacket.

If it wasn't for my surgery in May, I would have tickets to see the Broadway show this summer in NYC. Hopefully it will be there next summer.

If you look at my office at work you will also find ariel things.

She is not always on alot of merchandise, so its fun when I do find something different.

I had to think of a name when I used a chat room MANY years ago and thought if I put the mrs in front, guys would know enough not to try and flirt with me. *L*

Get this, I was asked many times by people over in England if I chose my name after the washing detergent named Ariel. Years later, I saw it in our grocery store!

Thats my story! :lol:
CM 7mm diagnosed 12/06.
Tethered Cord diagnosed 10/07 @ TCI
TC surgery 5/13/08
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisas
mrsariel

Postby ke4uzj » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:21 pm

i looked up the glacier lily...that is a beautiful flower...nice choice
TO BEAT STRESS:

ke4uzj

Postby bri23t » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:05 pm

hey guys...interesting post tonight...well my is from my name, brianne (bree-in) i go by bri (bree) to everyone but a select few in my family...23 is my old softball number and the t is the initial of my last name...not as creative as some of the others on here but then again im not a very creative person...hope u all r having a good night:)
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby Vagreeneys » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:16 pm

okay here we go I live in Va my eyes are green dh removed an e because someone on aol had it years ago so I go by vagreeneys but then dropped aol years ago that is my story and i am sticking to it.

My name is Heide my mother is german she says this is correct way of spelling my name not like the little girl from the alps Heidi is wrong so i just tell everyone my mom was in so much pain she misspelled my name there you go

This was fun have a good evening
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby Snoozie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:27 pm

My name is Snoozie because I really like to snooze. I got this nickname back in high school because on the weekends I could sleep till noon.

Now if I get 4 hours straight I am doing good. Oh what a good long Saturday snooze could do for me...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby ke4uzj » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:28 pm

Ok there is one person I would like to hear from on this topic

RENTAHEAD i gotta say I like that one :D
TO BEAT STRESS:

ke4uzj

Re: Nicknames

Postby hartagold23 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:26 pm

My nickname, hartagold23, is from:

1) My favorite Neil Young tune "Heart o' Gold," plus people have described me as having a heart of gold

and

2) "23" is the day I was born in October and the number 23 seems to pop up often in my life for different reasons, for instance: wins on lottery numbers; the number of students who showed up to my first class of adult ed. ESL students; the age I got my ears finally pierced; the countless times I've been asked or wanted to know the time and the clock just happened to say "10:23!"(my birthdate!). And a movie recently came out called "23"! So I guess "23" is my lucky number.

Thanks for the interesting question!
Barb
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge