fun question

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby Amy Joe » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:03 am

You all have such great reasons behind your names. Mine is so boring.... Real name is Amy Joanne.

When mom would yell out in the yard for me she yelled AMY JOE! I was going to sign up with what my grammpy called me but............ Cabbage head just did not work for me. I had a wild head of thick hair so thats what he called me.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby ke4uzj » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:47 am

Amy my Daughter can relate to this heer name is Brittany Joann

and when I yell for her for any reason it comes out as Brittany Joe

actually i think Amy Joe is a pretty name, as well as Brittany Joe

and, if you are like my Daughter the name fits very well (she is very pretty plus she has that tomboy quality to fit the joe part)
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

nickname

Postby hikealaska » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:38 am

Well, as you can imagine I am hikealaska because I lived in the most beautiful place on Earth for 15 years. Before all the back, neck, and brain issues began, I would spend every summer hiking throughout the state. Will never regret one moment. Peace, quiet and beauty out there. No cell phones, no work, just you out in God's Country.
At this point I have a hard time imagining ever being able to hike Alaska's wilderness again. But doing so was absolute Heaven on Earth.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby ke4uzj » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:41 am

i am jealous, my hubby is a big hiker, and he wanted us to go do that when the kids were grown, but i guess i won't be able to now.
unless they install a ramp for a wheel chair or scooter :D
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

ke4uzj

Nicknames

Postby hikealaska » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:11 am

If you decide to go, I will tell you all the good day hikes, and tell you what you can do while the husband is out hiking. Many great adventures to be had in a scooter as well, just not on the hiking trail.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby ke4uzj » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24 am

thanks, my family lived in alaska for years (army dad) , but lucky me was not born until they came back :x i also missed germany... i was not born until my dad was 3 years from retirement. i joke and say i am a product of the vietnam war ( he was there for 3 years) i was a welcome home present :oops: , but i would love to see alaska for myself (other than my sisters and brothers pictures :evil: )
TO BEAT STRESS:

ke4uzj

Nicknames

Postby starmoon » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:44 am

I use starmoon, because every year for the past ten years I have taken pictures of the moon on New Years Eve or New Years Morning before the sun comes up. The stars never show up in the pictures, but the moon does.

I have always loved the moon and stars. That is the beauty we see at night and not during the day.

Starmoon
starmoon

Postby svennobalance » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:51 pm

My last name is Swenson (originally the family name was Svenson but there were four families in the same area w/the same name/spelling).

The day I joined ASAP was a few weeks after decompression surgery and I was getting more and more unbalanced. (I had sensory integration disorder for over a year). Between a bad right side, no proprioceptive sense, and everything else I still fall into walls quite a bit. BUT, I finally gave in and started using a very neat three-wheel walker and don't fall down nearly as much as before.
Gabriel
chiari, decompressed dec 05, syrinx, hydro, baclofen pump October 2007, rev jan '08, VP shunt April 2009
svennobalance

Postby rainbowz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:41 am

Wow lots of you are so creative. I picked rainbowz because one of my favorite shows growing up was Rainbow Brite! And well, I like rainbows LOL. I also believe that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for all of us. :wink:
Thoracic SM T3-T8
Herniated discs T1-T2 and T9-T10
10 degree Scoliosis T4-T9
rainbowz

Postby dani » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Mine is dani, short for Danielle. My middle name is Chantel. Why my mum decided to rhyme my names is beyond me - but everyone else finds it funny.

My username on the old ASAP forum was kitkatgirl. My boyfriend's pet name for me is Kit Kat, and I added the 'girl' as there was already a user with the name Kit Kat (not on the ASAP board, but on another board that used the same system).

Rainbowz, I've always liked your name - I love rainbows too!

Caroline, I'd always wondered the meaning behind Cash.

I would love to go to Alaska or Canada, but unfortunately they're both a little too far away!

Dani
Danielle (Australia)
facebook.com/whimsicalowl

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Syringomyelia, Tethered Spinal Cord and Craniocervical Instability.

C1/C2 Fusion: 18th December 2009.
Spinal Cord Detethering: 19th November 2008.
dani

Previous

Return to ASAP Lounge