Has anyone heard of the syrinx resolving itself?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Has anyone heard of the syrinx resolving itself?

Postby TheManicMonk » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:35 pm

My son had a traumatic syrinx injury in 1994 that was described on MRI reports as being 15% of the transverse diameter from C-5 to C7 and the tale of it extending in the upper margin of T2.

Over the past three years it was reported that the syrinx has resolved itself and no longer exist. According to the physical medicine doctor and my son's family doctor there isn't any evidence of scar tissue. This sounds incredible to me. My son use to go to a neurosurgeon that attended one of Dr. Milhorat workshops but no longer goes to him because the syrinx was not progressing and felt surgery wasn't necessary.

My son still suffers all the symptoms and still needs the medication to function. Even if the syrinx closed the damage has been done to the nerves and insurance company gives him a hard time about medication and any treatment.

Does anybody know of anyone who has had a syrinx that simply disappeared?
TheManicMonk

Postby cash71 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi, according to one research paper 1% of the time they do. This was discussed several weeks ago. I'll give you the link to the thread. There you'll find the link to the article. http://asap.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3 ... +resolving

HTH,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Return to ASAP Lounge