Been payin the piper

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Been payin the piper

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:55 pm

Hey ya'll,

It was Monday. The day after Easter. Half price chocolate. :lol: Miss Thang here got up feeling like all that AND a bag of chips (finger snap).

I drove to Walmart by myself which is very rare now. I puttered around that store to every corner and found every bargain they had in the store.

I'm surprised I didn't wear the battery out on that electric cart. LOL!

I have hardly been able to move since. It started moving in that night with restless legs, and progressed to where I have barely been able to walk or stand for more than 45 seconds.

I think I'm on the mend, but I just wanted to whine. I couldn't even type because the fingers were like sausages.

Thanks for listening. I've just really felt sorry for myself. But it's time to pull up my big girl panties and move on!

Wishing a pain free day to all, love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby georgiagal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:08 pm

I'm right there with you Sandy. Atleast on the need to pull up my big girl panties and move on. :(

Now, if only I could remember where I left them! Thanks for sharing. Knowing your not alone in feeling a tad sorry for yourself is such a big help.

When I find those panties and get them up, I'll let ya know!
:lol:

GG
georgiagal

Postby Ryzing » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:50 am

Hey Sandy!

Sorry to hear you've been down and out....but what a way to go, eh?? I can sympathize...I read eating chocolate can aggitate Shingles symptoms. Luckily I don't believe everything I read! hahaha :lol:

I hope you are feeling a heck of a lot better today.

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby ke4uzj » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:02 am

I did the Walmart trip last night to get BoyScout food for a camp out this

weekend (i thought boyscouts were supposed to eat bark,and berries)

well after shopping for 15 ppl for a 3 day trip , i can barely move this

morning. i feel like i have the flu with out the cruddy crap to go with it.

My hubby and Son helped with the 4 gallons of milk,4 gallons of tea, and

4 gallons of orange juice (i am glad i don't have to feed them on an every

day basis) but still the walk(or limp) around the store has done me in (

and i didn't even get any chocoloate :x ) I think I am going to start using

those drivable carts they have, i have to find someway to buy groceries.

I started to just let the two guys go,but there would have been no

nutritional value in anyones diet for 3 days ( trust me i had to argue

several times in the store that fudge rounds were not a breakfast food,

still ended up with reeses puffs cereal I give up!!!!!)
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby specialmomx2 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 am

((((Sandy))))))

Huggies to you, luvvie. Tell the piper to take a hike. You've paid your dues.

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby SMLady » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:42 am

Sandy, I hope you are feeling better. I'm guilty of overdoing it all the time. Whenever I have one of those rare days where I really feel good, then it's almost like I try to do everything I haven't been able to do all at one time. I know better, yet I still do this. It's just that good days are so few and far between that I try to get the most out of them every chance I get.

I have to say I love the way your post started out. Too funny.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby petsmom » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 pm

Sandy gal, hope the "payback" is over and all better. At least I know I am not the only one that has troubles just going and doing some shopping, even with a riding cart. My kid just does not understand the problem it poses for me. Let alone when I need bags of dogfood, etc. And appears to be getting a bit worse over the last year.

Oh well, hope all the goodies you got were good!!!

Dawn, TNgal
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

Postby birdlover3 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:50 pm

Sandy, even though you’re not feeling worth a hoot, you brought sunshine with this post & everyone else here has kept it shining. I smiled at every post here & it did me a world of good. Hope you’re doing some better today. Have you been able to pull up your big girl panties yet, or are they still sagging some? Now, how good is that chocolate?
birdlover3

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks for understanding and letting me whine, ya'll!

ke4,

on the riding cart at walmart. I know how hard it is that first time. Go when you know the store is the least crowded. For our walmart, that is about 6 p.m. Just go ahead and do it. Once you get that first time over with you won't have a problem with it.

I've been using them for a year now and I'm far from being a perfect driver. I just say excuse me, I'm still on my learner's permit, they won't let me get my license to drive this thing yet.

sending love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby ke4uzj » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:12 pm

ok sandy i will do that

but if i knock down all the shelves will they let me back in the store ? :shock:

oh wait i know i will tell them that sandy said it was ok ...i am just playing!

but, my hubby says i can't drive like i do on the road...ya know with my middle finger in the air mouthing words i shouldn't say :D
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Vagreeneys » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:01 am

Ya'll are a HOOT thought i was going to pee my pants on this one thanks for the laugh on a day i needed it Ke4
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby kiminfla » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:16 am

Sandy, Your description of your ordeal is SOOOOO funny!!! Made my day...although I'm sorry you had to pay the piper. Hope you're resting up for the next adventure! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to ASAP Lounge