So What!!!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

So What!!!

Postby dtyree » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 am

I recently posted a topic about what is going on with this body. Ya know something, it is a lot about mind over matter.

The body is not keeping up with what I want to do - So What - make allowances to get it done.

My son tells me I have another case of the "wobbles"- just laugh with him and keep going.

There are times when I would like to withdraw from the world - don't have the time.

I get out my med bottles and spill bottle tops, pills everywhere - the 5 second rule, if you get it up off the floor within 5 seconds of spilling it, it is not dirty!

Okay, so I fell down again, get up and try to remember where you were going.

Went outside and ran into the porch railing 3 times, at least I did not hit the same area twice!

Came out of the grocery store and had to stop and catch my breath. That's over, now where did I park the car?

If you let it get you down, it will, but not this time!! Got too much to do!!

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Sandy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:51 am

David,

Areyou ok after your fall? Oh, my. Don't hesitate to get checked out.

Good for you! I like the way you think. A couple years ago I took my first fall, a flying leap off the kitchen porch. My golden retreiver drug me back to the bottom step. So I know not only is God with me, but so is Maggie!

Some days I have to use my wheelchair. It's boring, it's black and chrome. Don't misunderstand, I love shiny things. :lol:

I'm going toget Harley Davidson stickers for it.

Hang in there, and keep sharing ok? YOur attitude is remarkable and I hope I can achieve your level one day. I'm working on it! Just slowly. LOL!

love,
sandy
Sandy

SO WHAT!!!!

Postby hikealaska » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:53 am

David,

What I've liked about you from the beginning is your sense of spirit and zest for life. It really does shine through.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby kiminfla » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:30 pm

David, I applaud your attitude!!! Whenever my symptoms are flaring and I feel like I'm doing too much I rest a bit and get back out there and keep on! There's a Rascal Flatts song that has a line I just love "I want to be running when the sand runs out"...There was an ASAP member Mac who had a tagline I just loved too...It said she was "doing the best I can with what I've got to work with"...so true for so many! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby ke4uzj » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:34 pm

i'm with ya David.....i seem here lately when i want to do something i find a way to make it happen . so, yes I agree sometimes it is mind over matter .
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Amy Joe » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:05 pm

You go Dave!

Sometimes when I bump into things I yell who put that wall there...... 8)

The mind is powerful! Do what you can, when you can, because you want to!

I just want to say a thing about tripping or being un easy on your feet. I have had much better grip to the ground since I switched to Croc's. I know they are ugly but they have worked great.

Hang in there buddy! Hew hows the weather now? Still raining?

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby dtyree » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:11 pm

Cloudy and Cold!!!!

But, there's a sun up there somewhere!!

I had thought about getting a foam rubber suit, eeh-what the heck!!

Peace,
David
dtyree

Postby ke4uzj » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:26 pm

bubble wrap clothing...sounds good to me :shock:
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby streetsense » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:31 pm

How about one of those sumo wrestler suits? You can fall down all you want in one of them without hurting a thing. The only problem is that they're heavy. Anyone know a light version?
:wink:

It's not the fall that hurts the mind, it's the not being able to get back up.
:lol:
streetsense
SM 7mm T-5 to T-10 with less clearly defined extension down through the lumbar vertebrae
sleep apnea
streetsense

Postby bri23t » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:59 pm

hello david...sorry to hear about ur fall...i hope that ur feeling better...i too fell yesterday...why is it that i thankfully never hurt my self when i fall BUT always a feel like i have been rear-ended for like a week...at this point i would almost rather a sprained ankle to the pain in my head and neck following a tumble...ugh i dont know...sorry...this was supposed to be a hope ur feeling better and i can relate...so i hope that u r better and able to enjoy the remainder of the weekend...night:)
bri
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby dtyree » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14 pm

The falls have been OK so far, just hope I do not do it in public. The only thing that gets hurt is the pride!!

Peace,
David
dtyree

Postby bri23t » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:18 pm

yeah falls in public r 'AWESOME'!!...i remember a bad one where i was walking out of wal-mart...i got just outside the doors and snap goes my ankle and down i go....i had two employees and a manager walk me to my car going on and on about r u sure ur ok and do u need an ambulance...it was horrible...PLEASE GOD just let me get into my car and drive away and try to get over the embarassment...and NO im NOT gonna sue u...sheesh!...NOT FUN!!
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

hmmmm.....

Postby preciousheide » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:02 pm

David YOU ROCK!

I just love the positive energy that spills out of you.

I have been trying to be so positive latley, and you just helped fill my tank.

Haha! thats great bubble wrap!

When your pills fell you should of just yelled "52 PILL PICK UP!"

WOW you make me smile. Im so glad that you didnt get hurt bad.

Just a quick note to say YOUR AWESOME!
preciousheide

Return to ASAP Lounge