Hello new to ASAP

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hello new to ASAP

Postby larmils » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:41 am

Hello everyone my name is Laura...Alittle about my issues I have CM w syrinx , BIH , Hernaited disc, arthritis and TCS...In oct of 06 I had a car accident that brought on the symptoms before this I didnt have all the problems...On nov 06 I was told I had CM w syrinx...Then in march of 07 I was in pittsburgh seeing dr bejjani and had my decompression surgery...I started to see some improvments then on the 3rd of this month I was in TN visiting a friend of mine while her husband is deployed and we got into another car accident I ended up having to be pulled from the car with a neck brace and back board (they still had no clue what chiari was though not even the ER)...So now I have worse problems then before and am at the point of not being able to walk cause it hurts so much...I have even thought of asking the dr about a walker for when I have to go to stores and such cause I can walk short distances but after that it is starting to kill me...
ok thats my issues in a nutshell...lol I know boring....
Cant wait to meet you all...
Laura
larmils

Postby Sandy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:55 am

Hi Laura!

Welcome aboard! I'm so sorry to hear this latest development! You'll be in my prayers. I am thinking of getting a walker, too, for those days I'm so wobbly. One like Passmass' mother-in-law had (we got together in Branson). It was a real lightweight walker with a thing you could fold down to sit on ifyou needed to rest.

I'm Sandy. No CM. All I have is SM (C3-T9), DDD, bulging discs, bone spurs, osteoarthritis, asthma...and some other stuff.

It's a pleasure to meet you! Glad you found us, sorry you had to.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby ke4uzj » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:38 pm

welcome...and never think you are boring....you are hurting , not boring.

i can relate to the walker part,,,,i have even looked at canes......it just makes me feel awful because i will be 37 tomorrow and looking at canes. i should be looking at sport cars. but, oh well canes are cheaper lol
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Amy Joe » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Laura,

Welcome! So sorry to hear of your second accident not to mention the first. This is how mine was brought about, MVA in 11/05.

And everyone wonders why I am afraid to get in the car.

I hope you can get some relief from you physical pain, we will all be here for your emotional pain.

If you need a walker or cane, then you get one girl! What ever helps not matter what it look like, heck I wear croc's!!! Am a passenger in the car with pillows all around me.

God bless you and a prayer is heading your way

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby bmxgirl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:58 pm

I am new here too. I am 22 year old. I was born with arnold-chari. I want meet people who are like me and make some friends.
bmxgirl

Postby bmxgirl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:05 pm

Sorry about meny posts. My computer was acting up at the time. I didn't know it post the message.
bmxgirl

Postby bri23t » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:46 pm

hi laura...welcome to the board....i hope that u find this site as helpful and comforting as i have!>>.

and i can TOTALLY relate to ur hesitaiton about the walker...i did too for a long time, tried a cane for a bit but progressed kinda quickly and only used the cane before NEEDING a walker, i actually went to the walker 2 days after my 27 birthday!....
it sucks!!!...but it sure does beat falling on my face frequently and my mom worrys a little less, not much less but some,

and it also comes in handy when im in the kitchen and dont feel sturdy enough to stand while i pour a drink i just use the little built in seat and under the seat is a compartment that i can put my purse in...so i dont have to fight it falling off my shoulder constantly...

a walker has def made life a little easier...dont get me wrong at 27 it SUCKS that i have to use one...but it is what it is and im hoping that the chiari inst can give me some good news next week...

i hope u r having a painfree or less than usual weekend...and again welcome to the board...its nice to know u r not alone in this struggle w/ cm and sm!!
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby kiminfla » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Laura, Welcome! I hope you find ASAP to be a place of knowledge, comfort, and great support as so many of us have. Have you contacted Dr. Bejanni's office regarding your recent accident? We're here for you...Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to ASAP Lounge