Medical ID tags

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Medical ID tags

Postby Amy Joe » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:51 pm

I have tears thinking of our new member that was in 2 MVA's. The second after her surgery and the hospital not knowing whay CM Sm were.

Is there or should we all have some form of ID bracelet that will alert medical situations.

If there is nothing out there on the market to identify what I have, then I am going to get something made. This really scares me.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby ke4uzj » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:03 pm

i have a medical alert card that says i have syringomyelia, and what procedures should not be done, but then again it is in my wallet not in plain view . i am with you amy i think that is a good idea
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby larmils » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:39 pm

I have often thought about getting one but I kind of wonder how many ems workers and Dr's really know what to do...Like I said when I tried to explain what was wrong and they all looked at me like I was stupid or crazy...The medical profession really needs to educate themselves on this because it can be a life threatening thing...When I was on that back board in the ambulance I know I was being thrown around alot...I thought they would have me a bit more secure but I wasnt...

So what good would having one of these be if people have no idea what it is we have?

Just a quick thought...

Laura
larmils

Postby Amy Joe » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Thank you Keesha!

Went to th site and ordered my bracelet. I hope this alerts others to do the same.

This really got my head spinning with WHAT IF's. Not something I should do.

Thank you! I will feel better once it arrives.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Return to ASAP Lounge