What kind of pets does everyone have?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:11 pm

I love animals! We have two golden retrievers, had 3. We had to have Daisy the SNake Dog put down because she got Rocky Mtn. Spotted Fever.

We also have trouble dog :lol: Jane, a Cairn Terrier, a little over 8 wks. old.

And not to forget One-Eye, our one-eyed goldfish.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby bri23t » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:07 pm

hi all just thought i would add my two sense on my animal (singular now:()
i have a 5 year old black lab brewster...also known as brewster fatson (my sister modified my last name of thompson for that one)...since he WAS a big fatty 2 years ago...

he is a large lab naturally but i was a bad dog mommy for a while allowing him to be FAT ...my family used to joke that he looked like an aircraft carrier or a table...now he looks great...he went from 120 to 95 lbs....and what a difference 25 lbs made...

i also had the family dog (from when i was in h.s.) for a while until we moved to upstate ny and the cold....she is an 11 y/o chocolate lab and i didnt think she would do too well w/ the snow and cold in her old age...i miss her every day...and i think brewster does too...

hes an only dog now and i feel bad that he doesnt have any other k-9 to play w/...

i tried talking my husband into us getting a 2nd dog BUT i talked my self out of it when i thought about the work it required w/ walking and training...

i am unable to take brewster out on the leash b/c he pulls so bad...but thankfully he is awesome and listens very well...i only have to call his name when he starts to wander out of our yard and he comes right back...

anyway i know this is lengthy but i just wanted to share w/ u all about my 4 legged baby boy...he ROCKS the MOST!!!
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby georgiagal » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Here's my *little man*. Rascal is an 8 yr-old Jack Russell Terrier that likes to sleep with you and hates when you get out the suitcase (tries to pack himself). He always knows when I'm down and is truly the best pet I've ever had.

ImageImage
georgiagal

Postby CrazyCat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:08 pm

Wonderful pics! Here is a pic of my Siamese Trinity that we lost almost a year ago from the pet food recall. She was my heart. The food caused her to go into cardiac arrest. The vet managed to save her but during the cardiac problem she had a stroke and could not use her back leg. We lost her one day after that. She was everything to me.

~Be who you are and say how you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.~
CrazyCat

Postby ke4uzj » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:26 pm

how do you guys put these pics on here i can't seem to figure it out...wanted to show off my kitty when we first found her, she was wild and tiny and soooo pretty
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby bri23t » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:30 pm

i second that ke i cant figure it out either...someone HELP us please:)
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby CrazyCat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Use the tags. The pics need to be hosted offsite like Photobucket or some place like that. Just put the html link inside the img tags and it should show up. :)
~Be who you are and say how you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.~
CrazyCat

Postby Vagreeneys » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:07 am

Here is my baby
I didn't took awhile hope i did it right and didn't take to much space
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby Vagreeneys » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:14 am

here is another one
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby streetsense » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:24 am

I have two cats, both male, since I lost my female calico cat to old age a couple of years ago.

Pumpkin is an orange tabby. He was a farm kittyn that my parents gave me as a homewarming gift 16 years ago.

Che is part Siamese, but looks purebred. His mom was a free-range black cat and his dad was a big Siamese who roamed the 'hood back in the day. I rescued Che and two of his brothers off the street and Che ended up staying with me. He's 15 y/o.

They are both wonderful companions. I was very lucky and grateful that the firefighters were able to rescue them during the arson fire last summer.
streetsense
SM 7mm T-5 to T-10 with less clearly defined extension down through the lumbar vertebrae
sleep apnea
streetsense

Postby larmils » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:58 pm

these are my babies...

Cm/Sm decompressed 3/07 BIH arthritis herinated discs DDD Scoliosis
larmils

Postby sarahb » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:45 pm

I am the proud owner of two bullmastiffs - our girl is Lottie and she is two and we have a boy called Moogie who we rescued and we think he is seven. We also have 28 goldfish and a part time cat! Basil is a manx and the office cat where I work, so he comes to stay sometimes, only problem is - he beats up the dogs!!!
Syrinx C6-T12 (and growing), Old compressed fracture T4, Disc Herniations T6/7 & T8/9 pressing on the spinal cord, Hemangioma T4, Aneurysm
sarahb

dogs and cats in my home!

Postby beachgirl » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:27 pm

hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that I have two mastiffs, an English Mastiff and a Cane Corso Mastiff, as well as a Siamese cat
beachgirl

Previous

Return to ASAP Lounge