What kind of pets does everyone have?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

What kind of pets does everyone have?

Postby Vagreeneys » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:01 am

Just wondering my dog is a lifesaver i talk to him all the time he understands me so my pets are these:

Rescued Bullmastiff named Gus (my big hunk of love) knows when i don't feel good and knows when i am sad! Couldn't make it through this with out him.
2 cats heckyl and jeckyl they are just crazy but love them just the same. I think they were brought to me for entertainment alone.

Thought this would be a fun question.

Heide :D
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby CrazyCat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:27 am

We have three cats, one domestic cat who is 4 years old we rescued 3 1/2 years ago and two Savannah cats. We lost our Siamese of 7 years almost a year ago which ripped my heart out. She always knew when I felt bad and was there all the time with me. Our existing cats are very close to me but none of them are like my Siamese. The Savannahs are non stop energy. It's like having two F5 tornadoes going through your house 24/7 and they are very large cats. The male will grow for 3 years and the female will grow for 1 1/2 years.
~Be who you are and say how you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.~
CrazyCat

Postby Vagreeneys » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:47 am

Hi Crazycat,
A friend of mine has savannah's they are so beautiful he also has 2 a male and female. He use to ride them around to go visit friends haven't seen him in awhile. So sorry to hear about your siamese....lose of an animal is lose as if a child...hope these new cats bring you much love and companionship!!
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby Amy Joe » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:48 am

I have 2 dogs. A 4 yrd old beagal and a 2 year old black lab. My beagal is my baby, his name is nick and my lad is my bigger baby, his name is jackson.

Both of my dogs love to nap, so we get along just great. I say ya wanna take a nap and off to bed the go!

My mom comes over ever Sunday am for a visit and she brings a dozen donuts. One very special cruller for the dogs. They know when she opens the door what day it is!!!!!!!!!! They go crazy.

Daughter has 3 cats. Bobtail cat that is huge, her name is princess however we all call her fatty. Then there are the 2 kittens that are about 8 months old. Brother and sister. Jet black adn part siamesse.

Animals are the greatest comfort and entertainment.

Great ?

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

pets

Postby razzle51 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:59 am

Heidi we just had this topic not to long ago . Here is the link with some mighty cute pets.
http://asap.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2 ... light=pets
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby Ryzing » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:36 am

Heide,

Wow - that is one magnificent beast! Your dog is beautiful!

Our family has one Black Lab named Buster and 3 outdoor cats that live in a house on our deck (one is a stray) - KiKi, Tony & Garfield. We also have 2 rabbits - a Holland Lop named Fluffer Nutter and a Dutch named Claire.

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby angie7 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:40 am

I have 4 dogs. A Great Dane named Mira, and 3 mixed breed dogs, Sierra, Bailey, & Kayla. Mira is a dog model and has graced the cover of the 2007 Great Dane calendar!

I also have a stray cat that wandered up last year named Kitty, and 125 gallon fish tank with a few, BIG fish in it.
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby CrazyCat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 am

Here is a pic of our gang. Pharaoh, the male Savannah is the first kitten. Oliver is the black tux and he is 4 years old and Sasha is the female Savannah. The Savannahs are brother and sister. They are 9 months old and they are bigger than Oliver. Pharaoh is over 17 1/2 inches long measuring from his shoulder blades to the base of where his tail starts on his back. I have a medium dog carrier for the Savannahs they are so big and they have a lot of growing to do yet. Sasha is tall, long and thin and Pharaoh is tall, long and a total beefcake, solid muscle. :)

~Be who you are and say how you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.~
CrazyCat

Postby Vagreeneys » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks Diane he is a sweetie he was in a horrible situation and now lives like a king. He is my baby.

Razz- sorry i never saw that post and thought that it was a good topic since i feel blessed everyday to have my animals or my life would be very lonely while everyone works in my house except me.

Also there are alot more newbies out there as stated so lets hear from everyone...

Heide
P.s. the pic is of my other bullmastiff that i showed for years until he passed my new one Gus is a brindle and i will try to attach a pic of him soon

Have a great day
Give your pets an extra hug or treat today :lol:
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby ke4uzj » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 am

we have several babies

4 month old great pyrenees puppy
6 month old iguana
8 month old beautiful white and black kitten
5 rats ( my sons but,they are better than i thought,they are really smart and train easily)
1/1/2 year old ball python ( also my sons but helped me get over my fear of snakes,it is really pretty cool)

i treat the cat and dog like children so it is funny to watch me with them during the day when we are here alone. btw: does anyone know how to train a dog to go fetch cans of pepsi from the fridge :wink:
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby larmils » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:50 am

Pets are a wonderful thing when you have medical issues...I know my 3 dogs keep me entertained and on the days that I get so upset and hurting they know just what to do to make mommy feel better....

Like I said I have 3 dogs....
Roxy and foxy are sisters and are pit beagle mix and worlds biggest babies they are about a year old...
Then we have maggie who is my little heffier she is a rot poodle mix yes you heard me right rot poodle mix...lol...The mother was the rot daddy the poodle....She is about 8 years old now and has more energy then any puppy I have ever seen...lol but she is a chunky monkey....
Cm/Sm decompressed 3/07 BIH arthritis herinated discs DDD Scoliosis
larmils

What kind of pet do you have?

Postby hikealaska » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:11 pm

I am the proud owner of two beautiful golden retrievers. Solomon who is 12 years old. He is a tad portly. Aella who is just over a year. She is, for lack of a better phrase, very much a puppy. She was a gift to me when we lost Solomon's life long companion Tasha to cancer last year.

I also own a cat, George. Though nobody can truly own a cat. He allows me to enjoy the pleasure of his company.

Tomorrow, I will be receiving another gift of a rescued orange and white cat. I have decided in honor of my zipper head I will name him Stitch. My employees must really love me to give me a dog and a cat. I am very excited for the next new addition to my home.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

pets

Postby razzle51 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:17 pm

No problem I am a animal lover too. Big Boys , St Bernards , love Mastiffs and Danes. Dane will be my next pick . :D
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby larmils » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:48 pm

I love big dogs....I want either a mastiff or great dane next...The last mastiff I had I rescued from people who were starving the poor baby...He was just a sweetheart...except he decided that my bed was his bed too and yeah that didnt work very well...lol
Cm/Sm decompressed 3/07 BIH arthritis herinated discs DDD Scoliosis
larmils

Postby angie7 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:41 pm

You have to get a DANE, larmils! they are the absolute best dogs, I swear. The one I have now is such an amazing, smart girl. She is excellent with my 2 toddlers and I couldnt ask for a better dog. Up until 2.5 years ago, I had 4 Danes. I lost 2 :(, and had to rehome my other one. It was right when my twins were born early, and he was a very hyper puppy that we couldnt give the time he needed and was destroying everything (literally ate through my walls, floors, doors, etc) He is in a happy home now that loves him endlessly and I get updates all the time.

Before I was dx and had to stop working, I did Dane rescue. I rescued around 24 Danes and found wonderful homes for them. I also helped with a Dane train that transports homeless, injured, abused Danes to rescues and homes all over the US. It was amazing and I love it so much, and one day I hope to do it again!

Here's a pic of the Dane I have now, Mira (short for Miracle)

Here's a pic of Mira with the 2 Danes that I lost, Simon is black and Apollo is the harl (both really sad rescue cases)

and since I'm sharing Dane pics, here are my mixes (the dog all way to right I lost as well :()

Here is a pic of all 7 of my dogs in 2005 before I lost any of them, its a FULL house!
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge