Dreams and headaches

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby ke4uzj » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:43 am

i do not but i don't have cm, just sm . now i do wake up every morning with a headache , but i have all this hardware in my neck, plus i still have a disc bulge along with the sm .
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby donny » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Keesha,
I can't answer from personal experience but I know Heidi used to have vivid dreams due to one of her meds and after she lowered the dose the dreams stopped.
As for the increased pain she didn't say one way or the other.
Take care
Don
donny

Postby bri23t » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:34 pm

hi keesha...i just wanted to comment that i used to be on an anti-depressant that gave me crazy vivid dreams but no longer take it and now only remember dreamin a few nights out of the month...

otherwise i dont have any memory of dreaming...and on the few mornings i wake up thinking about a dream i dont notice any increase in my head pain...

if u dont mind my being nosey what med r u on that the side effect is vivid dreaming?...hope u start feeling better soon!!:)
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Hi!

Postby preciousheide » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:32 pm

I used to have some really crazy dreams on one of my meds, but that was a while ago. I do not have CM either, but I believe that when you have dreams like this that it causes stress,

and we all know what stress does, so I would try and figure out if there is another med that you can change to, or another solution to calm these dreams down. (I always woke up tense and in more pain)

Im no expert, but thats just my opinion. Good luck!
preciousheide

Postby donny » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:23 pm

just a thought,
Have you tried topamax or lyrica, I know that these meds are more expensive at least for us they are but it might be worth considering
Take care
Don
donny

Postby specialmomx2 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Keesha,

This is a very interesting question.

I have always had very vivid dreams, which a psychologist friend of mine says is because I have ADHD.

I don't officially have CM, but I do get odd episodes of something which is brain-based: Dizziness, tinnitus, vision problems, and suddenly falling asleep or else having convulsions (and then falling asleep).

When I fall asleep during/after these episodes, I usually have pretty freaky dreams which I don't remember too well. Sometimes I am not even fully asleep, kind of aware of sounds, like the TV, which gets incorporated into the dream.

I am not on any meds other than celebrex, so I can't blame the meds. In my case I feel like the head 'action' -whatever it is, is causing the dream, not the other way around.

I don't know if that helps at all, but there you have it.
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Return to ASAP Lounge