Just have to vent

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Just have to vent

Postby larmils » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:45 pm

Sorry I just have to vent today...I guess it was a mistake to cook dinner last night for me my sister her husband and son cause today I feel like a knife is stuck in my back and if I move I about die from it...Well actually when I move my right side...My dogs are surrounding me...They do this everytime I have a bad day I guess its there way of trying to protect me..lol...So this morning I tried getting up early I got up hurt so bad I ended up sitting down in a chair and fell asleep...Then about 2 hours ago my dogs told me I slept long enough...lol...I couldnt even make myself coffee this morning I was dropping everything so bad...So my brother in law came and made it for me...Thank goodness I can use my left hand to drink my coffee otherwise I would and I mean I WOULD be using a straw to drink it...lol...Cant mess with me and my coffee now...I am trying to stay up beat although I want to go in a corner and cry...I refuse to move my butt from this chair today unless I have to...

ok I feel better getting that out...So how is everyone else today?

Laura
Cm/Sm decompressed 3/07 BIH arthritis herinated discs DDD Scoliosis
larmils

Venting

Postby hikealaska » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Laura,

I think every one of us can relate to days like that. There are days I never want to leave the chair and days I can't wait.

No words of wisdom. Just hope you get to feeling better very soon.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby ke4uzj » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 pm

same boat you are lar.....i am popping pills today like gum drops. i have tried to figure out some way to stretch,or exercise to help but so far it sucks.....my daughter had a softball game at 7:30am yesterday, and then had grocery shopping,and all the daily crap to do, and i guess i over did it(not to mention friday night i didn't get to sleep until 4am because of muscle cramps and had to get up at 6 for ball game)
but i am with you guess my butt is stuck in chair all day. what makes it worse is i am 37 today, and woke up feeling 87 does not help at all!!!!!

hope you feel better in a little while, just sit and pet the babies best stress relief in the world :D
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby dtyree » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Sometimes it is difficult to give, you gave a dinner and now it hurts. Sometimes all we want is to take. Taking helps us renew our energy so that we can move on. And when we can balance these two, our life is in sync.

I pray that God gives you the strength you need to jump back into life, it will come.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:07 pm

Laura,

I'm so sorry. Sometimes it feels like no good deed goes unpunished with this stuff, doesn't it. But you know what? YOu made a memory. And that will stay with you long after this flare up goes away.

What a nice bro-in-law to do that. You are so appreciated by your family it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Please take good care of yourself, drink lots of fluids and lay around and rest. I"m thinking of you.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby bri23t » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:44 pm

hello lar...i hope this comment finds u in a little less pain from earlier...while i hope ur feeling better i also wanted to comment on ur dogs and how they seem to KNOW when we r feeling terrible...

my fatty dog is ALWAYS right next to me on my bad days and when i lived at my parents the family dog would lay at my feet or at the foot of my bed and not move until i got up and then they would both follow me around...i think its AWESOME that they r so intune and its given me a new appreciation for my dogs (not that i needed it honestly, my dog is my 4 legged child)...

hope ur feeling better...rest up!!
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby larmils » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:56 pm

lol I know the feeling my dogs are my 4 legged children also...And they even act like spoiled brats at times...I know before I started having alot of problems foxy would take off running all the time and never listen but as I have gotten worse she listens to me better then any of them...The only complant I have about my dogs are that they seem to think that they can bug me til I lift the blanket up for them to get underneath them to go to sleep...lol but that is my fault I got them started with sleeping under blankets...My little maggie moo has decided she wants her own blanket now...lol
Cm/Sm decompressed 3/07 BIH arthritis herinated discs DDD Scoliosis
larmils

Return to ASAP Lounge