My 5 y/o surprises me sometimes

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby bri23t » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:51 pm

oh keesha...i needed a smile today and ur story about ur daughter put a big smile on my face...its amazing what they r able to feel and understand at such a young age...and just think now ur rugs r cleaned and she learned a little about responsibility and chores ...hope ur feeling better from ur fall!!
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby Amy Joe » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:43 pm

Bravo to meg. Please give her a high 5 from me!

Kids they are so beautiful!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby dtyree » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:01 pm

Kids are so precious and amazing. What a wonderful story, and thanks!!

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby kiminfla » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:09 pm

Keesh, AAAAWWWWW, How sweet! What a blessing children are, and they prove it over and over again. Give her (and you) a big ole hug from your old stomping grounds! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby birdlover3 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:29 pm

Aww & she was giggling the whole time :lol: . I can almost picture it. You’re very blessed. Please give her a hug from me also.

I’ve been wondering how you were doing, so this post lets me know. I pray you’re better soon.
birdlover3

Postby specialmomx2 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm

wow Keesha

WOW! That is awesome on so many levels. She is showing empathy, problem solving and performing quite a complex series of physical tasks.

I have an HF Autie and it would occur to him to build a time machine so I could go back to the week before my brain Booboo and vacuum the rugs then, before it would occur to him to actually do it for me. (and he is almost 10!). Of course, he absolutely cannot stand the noise of the vacuum cleaner, so he has some excuse!

I was wondering: Do you think your DD has had a skills explosion since getting the CPAP machine?

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby preciousheide » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:25 pm

That is too adorable......My 3 year old insist on helping sometimes as well

She is always asking if my back is feeling better(thats were the pain started) she will try and rub it, and it tickles but I just hold the laughs in and when she askes "does that make your back better mom" I say yes honey thank you so much!

My 8 year old son is always, constantly making cards for the last nine months and tries to get me breakfast in bed, with help of others , but strickly his idea....

Oh my goodness, the other night he asked a friend of mine for some bread and water, and when they asked if he wanted it toasted or butter or anything he said no,

He came to my room.....sat down and said we were going to pray for the bread and water to help me and then eat the bread and drink the water (this child has only been to church a few times) He ate and drank some and then gave some to his sister.

The prayer was the best I had ever heard!!!!!!

I JUST LOVE KIDS!

That is too cool of your daughter, something to be soooooooo proud of!
preciousheide

Postby georgiagal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:58 pm

I have often wondered how so many of you cope with your cm/sm while raising children. I have just received my answer. You are so fortunate to have these cute little creatures come up with the sweetest attempts to make things better and take away the booboos!

GG
georgiagal

Postby Snoozie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi Keesha, what a great story to share. I love it when I hear things like this.

I have been interested in kids with autism and I am hoping that when my health evens out I can go back to teaching and one of the areas i want to go into is resource.

THere is a poster at braintalk that lives and breathes RDI. Have you ever heard of that? It sounds really interesting although I admit I only know what I have read there.

I also find it very interesting of the changesd since the cpap. My hope and prayer is that there will be a breakthrough in how we relate to kids with autism and give them all the opportunities that they deserve.

Good stories give me hope...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby Vagreeneys » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:06 am

Awww to cute kids are amazing!!!
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:45 am

How sweet! Did you take pictures? My son, who is 9, is very protective of me. If he sees me even trying to lift something, he'll come over and do it for me. He won't even let me open doors! What a blessing children are. I wish I could have had at least 3 more. Oh well. Since I only got one, I'm glad he's a good one.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Janice » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:31 pm

This is so *AWESOME* Keesha and definitely about the decrease in meds and no self-injuring.

Our kids are our greatest gifts!!

Take care and thanks for sharing your amazing experience with Meg.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to ASAP Lounge