Next round of testing...

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Next round of testing...

Postby kiminfla » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm having my endoscopy at 6am tomorrow...I'm hoping it will yield answers. Not sure what to pray for, if that makes any sense. Of course, I'm hoping it shows "nothing" and that would be good news but then again, I'm thinking gastro issues may be better than cardiac ones, which is next on the list of tests.

Either way, I'm probably going to have to go ahead with the cardiac cath next since the NL, GI, Cardio, are all on board with it and it would probably do wonders for my peace of mind. Hipcrip worded it so well...these "multiple medical issues", heavy sigh...sure ain't easy!!!! But nothing about CM/SM/TC, related disorders is, is it?

Wish me well! Be blessed my friends, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby birdlover3 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Kim, I pray you receive some answers to whatever is going on in your body. As the old saying goes, if they can put man on the moon, why can’t they… I’m still waiting for a scanning wand like the one on Star Wars or Star Trek. Wouldn’t that be something?

I’ve already started praying for you. Thanks for letting us know what time your procedure is so that we can say extra prayers for you at that time.
birdlover3

Postby specialmomx2 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:12 pm

Kim,

I really hope you get some good answers -in whatever form those may take

:roll:

I'll be rooting for ya tomorrow.

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby dtyree » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:09 pm

The endoscopy may reveal a hiatal hernia which can cause severe chest pains but is controlled with meds and a change in diet which works better.

The cath may reveal a blockage of sorts. But with everyone, I understand, there is a 20% blockage which is considered normal. If things are clear here, another possibility is a spastic esouphagus. It too can create symptoms of a heart attack to a point, no sweating. A lot of squeezing in the chest which may send pain down into the left arm and even up the left neck into the head. With the esouphagus constricting, it also squezzes the blood vessels in the chest creating heart attack symptoms. This too, can be controlled with meds or a change in diet. A high fat diet aggrevates the eshouphagus creating the problems.

I pray your test goes well and that you get to the bottom of this stuff interrupting your life.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

hello

Postby preciousheide » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:15 pm

Just wanted to give a big GOOD LUCK!
preciousheide

Postby cash71 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:54 pm

Kim, I hope your scan goes well tomorrow and provides some long overdue answers.

You are in my prayers,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby georgiagal » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:01 pm

((((((hugs))))))))) to you Kim! Good luck tomorrow morning and let us know how things went. The gastro doc should have no problem letting whomever goes with you know what he/she saw or didn't see. This is how DH's doc suspected the gastroparesis.

Can't wait to hear how things go.

GG
georgiagal

Postby PittyPatty » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:35 pm

Kim I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you get some answers. I'll be thinking of you.

((((((big hug)))))
Patty
PittyPatty

Postby streetsense » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:10 am

I know exactly what you talking about when you're not sure what the heck you want the result to be.

The best thing is to get answers of some kind, rather than needing more testing, wherever that path leads.

Wishing you the best, whatever the result.
8)
streetsense
SM 7mm T-5 to T-10 with less clearly defined extension down through the lumbar vertebrae
sleep apnea
streetsense

Postby Vagreeneys » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:11 am

Kim,

Good luck today
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Best o f Luck & Blessings

Postby Faireyez » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Kim,

I haven't been here in a while, but wanted to wish you the best and give you a ((((Hug))).

Blessings, Shiara
Love & Blessings, Shiara~
Faireyez

Postby Janice » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi Kim,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((hugs)))))

Take care and stay calm and at peace.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby kiminfla » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm back...it wasn't bad at all. The results: normal! The dr met with dh and myself afterward and explained that my ulcer has healed, and that although I probably have Gerd, my esophagus is fine. He said my pains could be coming from Gerd or CM but feels it's best to have the cardiac cath to rule that out too. He's putting me on a different Gerd med to see if it makes a difference. The pains could also be from TMJ or spastic esophagus (he said that for the short duration of the endoscopy, spastic esophagus is often missed).

So, I'm off to call the cardio and get the cath scheduled. I'll keep you posted! Thanks so much for all the good wishes and prayers -- you're the best and I'm truly blessed to have you cheering me on!

Be blessed my friends, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:15 pm

Kim, that is such good news! I'm glad everything went okay.

Take care.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby dtyree » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:51 pm

A doctor years ago told me to sip on some cream for esouphagus stuff. A little too rich. Found frozen vanilla low-fat yogurt to do the trick, immediate results and tastes good too.

Glad you came out of the test OK!

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge