for women only

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

for women only

Postby debh » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:01 am

I have discovered on how a good bra can help-with neck and back pain-one that gives good support and doesn't dig in , and also no over the shoulder boulder holder-needs to be feminine-straps that don't aggrivate my trigger points-any suggestions?need :?:
debh

for women only

Postby hikealaska » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:31 am

Good Morning!!

Most brands make a version of their bra in "T back" form. What this means is the shoulder straps end in the middle of the back (sometimes they actually cross, sometimes not) instead of a straight line from the shoulder. They are actually designed for women who have slumping or curved shoulders and have the problem of their bra strap falling off their shoulders throughout the day. What this does is alleviate the pressure from one point and distribute it throughout. Vanity Fair and Playtex have the most comfortable ones that I have found. Would never go back to a traditional bra. I too have problems with trigger point pain. If I don't wear the t-back, by the end of the day points are screaming.

Hope this helps.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby ke4uzj » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:04 am

If you don't have trouble getting them on a sports bra is very good
it's comfortable , is distrubuted so it doesn't dig in .
my only prob though is I have to have help putting it on because of my right arm so , if my daughter or hubby isn't around i just say the heck with it and wear an undershirt , (which isn't very pretty when your a C :oops: )
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Fraggle Nan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi,

I found this on the Rachel Ray show. It is not a bra, but it helps with posture and support, gives good girly lift.

http://www.chicshaper.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

I think this may help with back and neck pain.

Good luck,
Nan
Fraggle Nan

Postby Janice » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:01 pm

It looks like you wear it in addition to wearing a regular bra or strapless bra. Still seems interesting though and may be just right.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:05 pm

I gotta get me one of those! :o

I always wear Victoria Secret bras. They are soooo comfortable, like you aren't wearing one at all.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Bra

Postby razzle51 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Ditto on that Glenna . Victoria secret is where I go too.
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby Ryzing » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:54 pm

I'd love to shop at Victoria's Secret to buy one of those sexy, 'hold-'em-place' bras, but unfortunately, I've never found anything in there for the 'ample-bottomed' lady. I've had better luck at places like TJ Maxx or Kohl's.
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby SMLady » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:36 am

Being able to buy one of the off-the-shelf bras - One of the advanteages of being built like a boy! :lol:
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Return to ASAP Lounge