Crochet?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:35 am

Thanks Keesha! I love to knit and crochet. I just joined Ravelry. Have you joined them?
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Ryzing » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:14 am

Hi ladies,

I learned to crochet when I was 10 - and I've loved it ever since. I never have really made anything other than afghans & scarves, but it is very relaxing - and my kids love the hand-made stuff.

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:26 am

I agree. It's a great stress reliever.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
SMLady

Postby ke4uzj » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:34 am

my father in law is awesome at crocheting he has made me umpteen afghans , doll dresses for bed dolls, table cloths,and christmas tree ornaments . he taught me how when i was pregnant with my first child , and also taught my best friend . well , i made 1/2 a baby blanket because my attention span is way too short to committ , and my best friend she finished her blanket for my son , but it turned out somehow in an oval shape which looked like a throw rug . I still have that blanket, to me it's worth a billion dollars just for the simple fact i can show it to her and we still end up in tears laughing about it 15 years later .

I BOW TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE CRAFTY , CAUSE I'M JUST CLUTSY
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:36 am

hahahaha! Too funny. Anyone who has ever crocheted I'm sure has a box full of beginners where they didn't turn out as planned.
Proud Mom of One Son
SMLady

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:34 pm

I'll have to check those out.

I just finished a sweater made with yarn I bought off ebay from a woman who dyes her own yarn. That way, not only do I have a handmade sweater, but it's made with yarn that no one else will ever have. I just bought more today. It's 100% cotton ribbon yarn, and I got 1500 yards for $30. Unbelievable.

You guys are making me want to go home and crochet some more!

Do you guys subscribe to Crochet! magazine? They use my modeling agency, so I asked my agent to send my picture in for consideration for an upcoming issue. I just think it would be so cool to open up my favoriate magazine and see me! hahaha.

You know you're getting old when your favoriate magazine is Crochet! magazine....
Proud Mom of One Son
SMLady

Postby Janice » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm with ke4uzj, I just don't have the attention span (or better yet, the patience) for crochetting or knitting.

I learned in the girl scouts and can remember having so much fun but as I got older it just wasn't something I enjoyed doing. My sister makes all kinds of things for sell and is very excited everytime she completes a garment. I'm happy for her.

Take care and happy crafting!!
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby SMLady » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Di - LOVE your new picture.
Proud Mom of One Son
SMLady

Return to ASAP Lounge