I wrecked my truck today..I'm okay tho!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

I wrecked my truck today..I'm okay tho!

Postby angie7 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Its been a bad day today..I wrecked my truck :( I was shopping at a local store for some clothes for a trip we are taking to Atantla in 2 weeks for my dh's cousin's wedding. I have dropped 2 sizes since last summer and I cant fit into anything. As I was leaving, I hit a stupid stop sign that they have sitting in the middle of the parking lot with sandbags around it. It was in my blind spot and I didnt even see it. I took it to a body shop and its going to cost $400 bucks to fix it.

It was so STUPID! I'm so upset with myself. I know it was accident and thank goodness it wasnt a person or another car but still.....They are going to have it back by the time we go on our trip so I guess that is good....
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby angie7 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:21 pm

I just posted to your thread too! Gee, what a day we are having, huh?? A month ago we had a bolt shoot through our tire (on the same truck) and had to have that fixed too....Maybe it's time for a new truck, this one is jinxed I think :lol:

Glad your okay and you found your doggies!
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Oh no! I'm glad you are okay, but don't you just HATE when that happens?

I had a near one a couple weeks ago. I was looking at the light instead of the road, and I hit one of those medians in the road with my left front tire when I was doing about 45. Since I drive a huge SUV, I was afraid I was going to flip as my car became airborne, but luckily, it just slammed back down on the road. Of course by now the light had turned red so I did what anyone else would do. I just sat there and pretended like nothing happened.

Glad to hear you are okay. Have fun in Atlanta!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby dtyree » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Sounds like the time I backed up in a parking lot, the only car around and backed right into a light pole, major damage.

Down two sizes, that's wonderful, what an accomplishmet. Good incentive for shopping!!

I think today is an all around low bio-rhythm day. I just cannot get it into gear. But glad to hear that you are safe.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby georgiagal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:49 pm

Sorry to hear about your accident, Angie. This absolutely must be the week for accidents. Last Thursday DH was driving my truck when he swerved around a corner to miss an animal. He hit a construction sign w/2 metal posts. Adjuster came today....grand total before deductible.....$6,000. (busted windshield/roof, demolished passenger door, quarter panel) No kidding!

Fortunately, he, yourself and Keesha are all fine. Trucks are that, just trucks. Bad timing for all parties, I'm sure, but knowing everyone is ok helps.

They say *everything happens in 3's*, let's hope these 3 accidents will be it for the asap members.

GG
georgiagal

Postby Snoozie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Glad your Ok Angie but sorry about the extra repair bills.

Oh and congrats on the weight loss, chasing those girls must really be a workout...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Postby kiminfla » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Angie, Glad to hear the only thing damaged was the truck...Hope tomorrow is better! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby angie7 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Thanks for kind words and it does sound like everyone is having a rough few weeks with their cars! But glad everyone is ok!

Thanks David and Sue about the weight loss. I have officially dropped all 60lbs of the baby weight and back down to a 115 lbs! I'm so EXCITED! And I think a big part is chasing 2 toddlers around the house :lol:

Here's some pics of the damage :(

Last edited by angie7 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angie7

Postby cash71 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Boy, what a day you and Keesha have had!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your fender bender but glad you are OK. At least your girls weren't with you. That would have been worse, for sure...

Hope you're doing OK,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby larmils » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:17 pm

I am glad you are ok...Now if those signs would stop jumping in front of people...lol...
Cm/Sm decompressed 3/07 BIH arthritis herinated discs DDD Scoliosis
larmils

Postby angie7 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Oh geez, Keesha...That's alot of $$!!!! Glad your okay tho and your car is being fixed!
angie7

Postby Sandy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Angie,

I am so sorry! Thank goodness you're ok and that's the important thing. I was thinking about you today, I saw that Great Dane on CNN that is 7 feet tall when he stands up on his back legs, and wondering if you saw him.

Please take good care of yourself. Sometimes hurts don't show up right away, so if you realize later you're hurt go to the doc, ok?

Glad you lost the baby weight! How on earth did you do it? I need to lose about 40 lbs. myself.

gentle hugs,
sandy :cry:
Sandy

Postby angie7 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:35 am

Yeah, I saw him. His name is Gibson. He is a BIG dog thats for sure!! I've never seen him in person but have seen lots of pics, I belong to a Dane forum and a few people on there know him personally!

And the weight, well I did minor exercise and watched what I ate.....
angie7

Postby birdlover3 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:10 am

Months ago, people were having appendicitis all in a row & now wrecks! Hope all of you are doing better.
birdlover3

Postby Janice » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:39 pm

I thought I responded to this already but since I don't see my post let me try this again.

Angie, I'm happy to hear that you're alright but like Sandy said, sometimes the hurt doesn't show up until later so keep an eye on that.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to ASAP Lounge