Any April Fool's Jokes???

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Any April Fool's Jokes???

Postby georgiagal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:26 pm

Just wondering if anyone had any good April Fool's Day jokes played on them?

The insurance adjuster came today about my truck and when she said they weren't *totalling it*, I thought that was my joke for the day. It wasn't a joke -- now have to deal w/insurance & repairs (we know someone that can do the work and help save us money).

So, if there's anyone w/a good April Fool's Day story, please share!!! I need to laugh more!!!

GG
georgiagal

Postby Fraggle Nan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi,

I had to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a prescription. When I got back, my boys were screaming the dog's ear was bleeding all over the new carpet and it was all over the walls and everywhere!!! (She has horrible chronic ear infections and is prone to hematomas) So I go running in, and ha ha ha, they got me!!!

Right after that they tell me my MIL is being released from the hospital; she has been in for 4 months. She had serious complications due to stroke. Well, a little later my husband calls to tell me, and I am like, "yeah, ha ha ha that's a real funny April's fool's joke, the boys already told me." He got real mad at his dad for tricking him, so he calls him to yell at his dad. I guess the joke IS on me, because it is true!!! She is being released tomorrow, yeah!!!!

Have a good day!
Nan
Fraggle Nan

Postby ke4uzj » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 pm

I was actually good this time , I can't believe I didn't torchure my Hubby nor the kids . oh well , i'll have to get them another time, i'm sure they are still holding their breath waiting .
:twisted:
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby docrx » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:55 pm

I am an April Fools' joke- literally- today is my birthday!
Every Day is a Blessing from God!
Mom to one beautiful baby girl

Syrinx C6-C7 5mm
OTC- surgery Sept 16
docrx

Postby georgiagal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Happy Birthday to You!!!!!

GG
georgiagal

Postby Amy Joe » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:57 am

I did not actually do any of these this year but my daughter and I have a plan for the year I am up to it.

We want to go into the ER that we don't use and put silly string in all the sanitizers despensors. Oh how funny that would be. I had said cheese whizz but she told me I can't do that.

When I was in 8th grade I put serain wrap under the toilet seats in the girls bathrooms. Also got a 1 week suspension :oops: I want to do this one again.

It is just such a fun day to play and be a kid!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby SMLady » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Happy Birthday!

Our work played a joke on us. On our intranet, they posted a notice that they were placing internal cameras to make sure that on "casual day", our clothes had our company logo on them because they found out some people were just wearing regular clothes.

So I start walking around looking for these cameras. Hey! I don't want to be caught sleeping! :lol: I felt so stupid that I fell for it.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby SMLady » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:10 pm

I just thought of one from a few years back.

When we bought our house, we thought it was haunted because of all the weird stuff that went on. After we'd been there for a year, my husband was digging up a mound of dirt that was piled behind the garage. He came running in saying he found shot gun shells and a braid of someone's hair. This part was true. So the next day, which happened to be April Fool's day, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wanted to go home and dig up the rest of the dirt to see what else was there.

Well, I made the mistake of telling my best friend this.

I left work early and went home and started digging. When I got home, my husband was already there. I dug for about an hour and didn't find anything so I was going to stop. My husband came out and said, "Dig here." And he started digging, and all of a sudden, bones started coming up. I started to freak and wanted to call 911. He said, "No, don't because they always accuse the people who live in the house and we have dinner plans." ???????? That's how I figured it out.

Three of my friends had gone to a butcher shop and bought "the most human looking bones" they could find, came to my house, and buried them. My husband came home when they were doing it, so he knew about it by the time I got there. They did all of this in a hour's time.

Freaks! But they got me good.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
SMLady

Postby Janice » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby ke4uzj » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:17 pm

I love that one smlady ... sound like my kind of people :wink:
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

ke4uzj

Postby SMLady » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:02 pm

I love my friends. They always make me laugh.
Proud Mom of One Son
SMLady

Postby YLAURIE » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:12 pm

My husband and my 9 year old son, Hunter decited to play a April Fool's joke on me yesterday.

They did the seran wrap trick under the toilet seat that Amy Joe said she received suspension for when she was in school. I did not actually go when I sat down on the toilet. I felt the seran wrap as I sat down. I think they put it on too tight. I came out of the bathroom upset and my husband told me it was my sons idea. I did not tell them I didn't actually go. I told my son he had to clean up the mess left on the toilet. He started saying, no, no, no! My son then told me it was more my husbands idea. I then told them I felt the seran wrap as I sat down and they were very lucky I did not go all over myself. I am going to get them next year for this.

Laurie
http://www.laurieyeh.blogspot.com/
http://laurieyeh.blogspot.com/
YLAURIE

Postby georgiagal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Thanks! There were definitely some laughs had!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GG
georgiagal

Postby ke4uzj » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:10 pm

laurie,
i think they need a 2 week suspension :lol: or at least 2 weeks of bathroom cleanup detail :wink:
TO BEAT STRESS:

ke4uzj

Postby SMLady » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:12 pm

That is funny that they started blaming each other!

We need to think of good ways to get these people back.
Proud Mom of One Son
SMLady

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge