Just need to talk

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Just need to talk

Postby larmils » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:13 pm

Today I went to the Dr to see what the new mri said...Well he tells me he doesnt think its tethered cord but he isnt sure cause he doesnt know anything about it...So he is sending me to my neuro which I already have an appointment to see him tomorrow anyway so thats good...But then he tells me the arthritis is worse then what was thought....It runs up and down my back and then he says you also have scoliosis...Ok I dont know anything about scoliosis except its a curve in the spine...

I guess I am just getting upset tonight...I am a bit down right now with all the head neck and back problems and it gets to a point that you know family doesnt really understand or sometimes you feel like a burden...Tonight I am having a big problem dealing with all these things...I know it may sound selfish but I am so worried about what will happen to me in the future because of the back problems...I just want to be "normal" of course being overweight doesnt help the situation and am currently trying to get my insurance company to approve me having the gastric bypass surgery...I just am worried about how much worse will it get...What the heck is my neuro going to tell me tomorrow...What more bad news...Seems everytime I go to the dr they tell me something else is wrong...On top of it my pcp has me going to get all these tests that I wouldnt think of getting done but he doesnt know if it would have something to do with my back problems or something else...So I just dont know anymore...I dont even know what to say anymore or to feel I just had to get it out I guess....

Laura
Cm/Sm decompressed 3/07 BIH arthritis herinated discs DDD Scoliosis
larmils

need to talk

Postby hikealaska » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Laura,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time today. The body and mind seems to have this amazing capacity for dealing with pain, stress, anxiety. Then all of a sudden. . . . BAM. . . . you've had enough. You think you cannot possibly take one more day or one more thing. But you know what, you can. You are stronger than you think and can handle everything you need to.

In my house it is I am always the strong one, and my husband and son seem to live in constant fear as to what I might need to deal with next. Then the moment comes, I can't be strong anymore. They kick in for me and carry me until I can handle things myself again.

There is balance in the universe and all throughout life. You will find it.

To quote a very famous poem. . . "You are a child of the universe. No less than the trees and the stars, you have the right to be here. And weather or not it is clear to you, no doubt the world is unfolding as it should."

You will make it through this Laura. You aren't alone.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby dtyree » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Dear Laura, greetings to you!! You know something, I want to think that this day really stinks all around. It just has not been lovely. You have seen doctors and still have not gotten a firm answer. I can't tell you how many doctors I have just walked out on because of the run around I have gotten. It happens and will continue to do so. Then you just pick yourself up and go look for another one.

Tomorrow is another day (Scarlet O'Hara, Gone with the Wind). And that doctor that is going to assist you is there, you will find that person.

I am sorry you have to go through all of this stuff, but if it helps, you are not alone in trying to find quality medical care. Maybe if you post where you are living, someone might be able to point you in the right direction.

Take care of youself, and know a lot of people care for you and love you.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby ke4uzj » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:20 pm

Laura ,
I know how you feel, I feel like I have gone from the strong one in the house to almost an outsider. I have to sit and watch my Husband and Kids play sports, hike, camp, wrestle around the living room while I am in the recliner,or bed most of the time drugged up because I hurt so much . Seven months ago I was the one starting all the playtimes, hiking,camping,cleaning,cooking,and working fulltime with about 20 hours overtime a week. Now, I can't even stand for more than 10 minutes . I too am scared about the future, but, I am learning to stop thinking about tomorrow, and focus on the day at hand . My 13yr old Daughter told me God has a reason for this, and we will find out when he is ready for us to the reason (alot of wisdom in that young brain). Just hold tight to your strength,and whatever faith system you have, that is all we can do.
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Sandy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:57 pm

Laura,

It's a lot to digest isn't it. I was dx over 10 yrs ago and I'm still hanging around and I have lots of stuff, too. It's better than they find what's wrong then going through this and not know what's causing it.

We're always here anytime you want to talk. Like I said in another post, I wish I could just make a giant pot of chicken soup for everybody.

Hang in there. The poem that hikealaska is really good. Maybe you could put that on your fridge. I think I will.

You're never alone, and I'm always here for anything I can do.

gentle hugs,
sandy

Tomorrow will be a better day for all of us, I just know it!
Sandy

Hope your feeling better

Postby starlightstarbright » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi,
I know today seems like it is really a bad, bad, day and maybe tomorrow will be the same but, always remember you r not alone here. We r like a Indian Tribe. We all have the same thing, we have alot of the same pain, no one understands what its like except someone who has it and after we get all the promises from r doctors that we will be fine, you'll feel lots better after you start taking this or not taking that we have found that alot of the doctor who are suppose to no about syringomyelia doesnt give a rats **. Yes there r some but, I live in Arkansas and haven't been able to find one yet.

So keep smiling as hard as that is and always no you have a tribe behind you.

starlightstarbright
starlightstarbright

Arkansas

Postby razzle51 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:35 am

Hey Starlight . I am from Arkansas . Also a few others . I sent you a PM . Roz go Razorbacks
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Return to ASAP Lounge