Big benefit at my new job

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Big benefit at my new job

Postby Amy Joe » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:24 am

Before I could get hired I had to have a complete physical. Oh was I scared to fail.

When asked about medical conditions I did not lie, put it right on the form Arnold Chairi Malformation.

Then it asked about restritions... I put them as well.

If I didn't get the job because of this then it wouldn't be a job for me.

So yesterday was my first day! Bill my manager said we understand you have some physical limitaions and we will make every attempt to ensure you are not asked to prefrom anything that will cause you harm. If you need me to clarify to anyone just let me know, I am here for you!

I wanted to cry! What a relief off my shoulders. They know up front and I will never have to disclose this later.

Again I am blessed! And it reaffirms what I have tought my kids, honesty is always your best best.

Peace

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby dtyree » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:42 am

So true!! This is wonderful, wonderful news for you as you begin your new journey!! Great to have an employer who supports you in thick or thin!!

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby ke4uzj » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:24 am

Congratulations on finding a Great Employer

From what I have read about your past you deserve it!!!!!
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby georgiagal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:32 am

That's really some great news, Angie! So nice to know that there are employer's out there that work around the limitations!

Great! WooHoo!! Yeah!

Have a great week!

GG
georgiagal

Return to ASAP Lounge