I'm Skipping Town!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

I'm Skipping Town!

Postby georgiagal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:13 pm

I'm off to visit my parents in Florida tomorrow. No husband, no in-laws, no nieces/nephews, Just us! For a few days, I just get to be the "kid" again! Just some time off to let my parents pamper me for a few days. Not to mention they want to make sure their "little girl" is doing fine. With all that's been going on, they need the reassurance, and I just need a little time off.

I heard from Stacey @ Dr. Oro's office today and she said that she had not been able to speak w/Dr. O again about the questions she had regarding his notes. He's not in the office this week, but will get with him on Monday. We're also starting the disability gobble-de-gook on Monday as well.

My neighbor stopped by today to bring us a pie and a list of job postings at the company for which she works. This was so nice! We were very friendly w/her when we 1st moved in, then we put up a privacy fence which took her out of our back yard. She was sick for a few years too. What a shame that we both let all these years go by and didn't get better acquainted. We have agreed this will be rectified when I get back in town. Her husband has done our yard work in the past and has offered to help us out since DH can't do it and neither of us are working.

Also, one last little bit of info -- She used to work in the ER at one of the local hospitals until about 20 years ago. She got fed up with having to work for the insurance companies and attorneys and NOT the patients that she just up and quit. The most amazing part -- she knew what CM/SM/TCS was!! Can you believe that?? I actually got to have a conversation with someone without having to explain what is wrong with DH! She's had some chronic illnesses without explanations, and she completely understand how DH feels and how others respond. Man, I really feel that thru all of the bad things that have been happening, I'm truly finding some good!

Whew, didn't realize I was going to make such a long post, but the thoughts just kept coming. I also just wanted to, yet again, let everyone here know just how much I appreciate all of you. Whether I'm listening to someone vent, give advice or knowledge, or just plan shooting the breeze, all of you have made a tremendous difference in how I and DH handle all this mess. So, here's to all you FABULOUS people!

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

GG
georgiagal

Postby ke4uzj » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:34 am

skip skip skip to my loo my darlin' . go be the baby for awhile ! it is awesome to be the center of attention huh?

rest,relax,and soak up all that little girl time

have fun
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Amy Joe » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:01 am

Enjoy yourself! You deserve it! Hugs to your parents from me!

Travel safely and hear from you when you return.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby kiminfla » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:43 am

GG, Sounds like this trip will be a breath of fresh air for you! It's great that you'll get taken care of -- at least for a few days! I think some of us with CM/SM, etc can forget sometimes how taxing our conditions are on our loved ones. You put so much energy into finding treatment for your dh that I'm sure a little break will be nice because you must be exhausted.

Enjoy your little get away and do let us know how it goes upon your return! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby *Hope* » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:15 am

This sounds SO fun! You should be on your way by now, but I wanted to wish you a fun, RELAXING time. Try to focus on you for a bit, and let your parents do the same. Refueling your tank once in a while is a MUST! :)

Don't you love good neighbors? I wouldn't trade my 75 year old widowed woman for anything in this world. Some people are just so special, and sometimes we get lucky enough to live next door to them.

I'm sorry you won't hear back from Oro until next week, but at least you have something fun to do until then.

ENJOY & RELAX RELAX RELAX & BE PAMPERED! You deserve it!
*Hope*

Postby Janice » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:52 am

It's when cherished times like this happen that I miss my parents the most.

All I can think is "WOOHOO!!" Have fun and be pampered. Don't you worry about a thing. A nice relaxing vacation is what you (and me - haha) need. You'll come back refreshed and seeing life through a new set of eyes.

Take care and make the most of it because I can see this as a time when a new job will come through, upon your return!!
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby larmils » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:40 pm

You go have a wonderful trip! Get spoiled and relax!

Laura
Cm/Sm decompressed 3/07 BIH arthritis herinated discs DDD Scoliosis
larmils

Postby angie7 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Have a WONDERFUL trip!!
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby georgiagal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks for the well-wishes on my trip. I made it to my parents house with no traffic issues/tickets and thank the Lord, NO ACCIDENTS!

I just had to log in and share this information with you. My DH's sister called me this morning asking if he and I had a fight and that is why I was going to visit my family. Then my brother's wife (upon hearing from DH that I was visiting) called my mom to ask if I was leaving my DH!!!! This was so funny!

Just because I wanted a little time off, others in my family freak out! I imagine on Sunday they'll all be calling me by the hour and asking what part of I-75 I'm on to make sure I'm headed in the right direction.

Oh, well. TTFN!

GG
georgiagal

Postby Vagreeneys » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:14 pm

Have a BLAST don't worry about anybody but yourself right now. It is your time. Enjoy your parents and the pampering you are getting..

Heide
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Return to ASAP Lounge