tomorrow...tomorrow...its only a day away...

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

tomorrow...tomorrow...its only a day away...

Postby bri23t » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:27 pm

so tomorrow are my MRI's and CTscans at TCI w/ my appt to follow on mon...im nervous but it couldnt come a day too soon...i have been unable to urinate for the last two days and have had to go back to cathing my self today...which i havent had to do for almost a year...

thats not frusterating at all!!...

especially when after cathing there was blood in the cath which i know is not a good sign...blah...so im just hoping that i dont develop a UTI between today and mon...b/c that is what usually would happen before when i had to cath...

ok well i just thought i would shareabout being nervous...hopefully they can sedate me prior to the mri's b/c i have a very tough time being still for that long...

and from what i understand i have to have the cine mri, a regular mri, a 3-d ct scan and some x rays too...4 calling birds, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree:)...

i hope that everyone is having a good night...
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby chicoscience » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:26 am

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough night. I have to get trained on how to self-catheterize, too. Unpleasant though it may be... at least it'll spare me the trouble of going to the ER when I can urinate.

I'm not sure if your test regimen is the same as the one I have scheduled for TCI... It's a pretty long list. 4 MRIs (Brain w/cine, cervical, thoracic and lumber), 2 3D CT scans (head, neck), and 2 xrays (Cervical and Lumbar). I requested sedation and they scheduled me for Monday, which they said is one of the days they do tests with sedation. I hope they'll be able to do the sedation for you. It's a really long time to be stuck in one position in the MRI machine. :(

I'll share a story related to the topic, which hopefully will give you something to smile about.

Daddy Warbucks' mansion from the movie of Annie is actually Woodrow Wilson's summer home in Monmouth, New Jersey. That building is now (and has been for quite a while) the main administration building for Monmouth University. When I was a kid, I was dragged along the big college tour road trip for both of my brothers... and one of them applied to Monmouth. So while my brother was in the admissions office doing his interview, my mom and I sneaked off to the big staircase, locked arms, and high stepped it down the stairs, singing at the top of our lungs, " The sun'll come out, tomorrow ... Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun!" We went through the whole song (I loved Annie as a kid) and did a complete dance number down the stairs and through the lobby. When we stopped, we looked off to the side and in one of the big salons was a class in session. Ooops.

We had fun. :wink:

And I did it with my mom a second time when I applied and interviewed. I guess I have no shame. :wink:

Anyhow, best wishes and good luck with your tests and I hope that you have a great experience with TCI.

.cs
chicoscience

Postby ke4uzj » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:33 am

good luck on your tests tomorrow..and, tell them to sedate you if they want to get tests done right and get on with their day.

and chico,,,,, are we supposed to have shame ? if so someone forget to give me mine :lol: shame, humitlity, manners,and good behavior = no friggin fun at all :wink:
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby starlightstarbright » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:51 am

I hope you have a good MRI if that is possible. I'm having a Brain and a cervial on the 24 of April. And I 2 r hoping that put me out. I'm hoping u will feel better soon. If that possible with having syringomyelia.
Good Luck Tommorrow,
Sharon
starlightstarbright

Postby Vagreeneys » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:52 am

Good luck Bri with the mri's today and i hope they do sedate you.

let us know how it went and all

Heide
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby *Hope* » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:20 am

Bri, I hope everything goes well today and I hope you get some sedation. We'll be thinking about you. Good to see you have a sense of humor about it...

"...4 calling birds, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree:)... "

You cracked me up!!! :) Hang in there.
*Hope*

Postby bri23t » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:36 am

good morning to all...im getting ready to leave for my mri appt and just wanted to thank u all for the well wishes...i called the mri facility this morning to ask about sedation and i was told it wouldnt be a problem so long as i have a driver... which i do....

THANK GOODNESS!!!

...so a little bit of my nerves have been settled...not totally but ill take the little bit:)...ill be back later today to give u all an update on how it went...later:)
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby Janice » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:09 am

Hi Bri,

I'm happy to hear you'll be sedated. I have to be sedated as well. It's just too long to be in a tunnel.

I pray all goes well with your test so you can take time to have a fabulous weekend before you speak with everyone on Monday. I know you're anxiously awaiting the outcome and I am right there with you.

Take care and Have a Fun Weekend!!
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby georgiagal » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Hope all went well for you today!

GG
georgiagal

Return to ASAP Lounge