Prayers and thoughts, please

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Prayers and thoughts, please

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:38 am

Hey ya'll,

My daughter and her family live down south outside of Little Rock. Last night, my son-in-law's business was hit by a tornado, only about 20 minutes after they left it because of the storms.

This is their livelihood. His equipment room (graphics) was okay but the building isn't at all and the emotional toll is still building.

Please say a prayer or think a good thought for this little family. Her work wasn't hurt, she works in the city. But there is a lot unknown at this point.

We've already said many thanks to God for sparing them.

And as tornadoes go, the damage is weird. One building devastated, the next not touched.

And if anybody here lives down south, please let us know you're ok!

love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby Vagreeneys » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 am

They will be in my thoughts and prayers and i hope all is well for everyone who experienced this toronado

praying for them
Heide
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys

Postby ke4uzj » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:47 am

I heard about that tornando, count me in on the prayers .
they say we are to get this same storm tonight here in alabama .

let them know how very sorry i am this happened to them, but be grateful they were not injured.
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby dtyree » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:52 am

Hi Sandy, this is not good news at all, but we do have to take the good and the bad, life I think.

Dearest Lord, Ruler and Giver of all. These folks, who You know, have had their lives ripped by a storm. It is during these moments that we turn to you for help and guidance. It is also a time when we lean a little harder on those folks around us for assurance. Please God, let your Love flow onto these people affected by the damage. Let them know You are always present. Give to them guidance as to what to do next. Give to them Your Peace, to calm their fears. And let us, your people, through You, give the support to one another. In Christ.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Janice » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:37 am

Great prayer David, thanks a lot.

Sandy, I'm so terribly sorry to hear that this tornado has made a negative impact on your daughter and her family. My heart and prayers go out to you all.

It is very positive to hear that they made it out of the business before the damage was done, thank GOD.

You and your family, and every one affected by this tornado, are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby rainbowz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:47 am

I'm sorry to hear this Sandy. I hope everything works out for the best for your daughter & family. They will be in my thoughts.

Lacey
Thoracic SM T3-T8
Herniated discs T1-T2 and T9-T10
10 degree Scoliosis T4-T9
rainbowz

tornado

Postby razzle51 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:47 am

Prayers to you too girlfriend. call you in a few . joey said it was like a war zone . But the good thing is no fatalities .
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby Ryzing » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Sandy,

You've got my prayers & thoughts, too. So sorry to hear of the damage. I'll be thinking of everyone there in your state who was affected!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby angie7 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:12 pm

Definately in my thoughts...
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Postby georgiagal » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Sandy, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as well. I hope all can get *back to normal* quickly.

GG
georgiagal

Postby birdlover3 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:54 pm

Sandy, you know my prayers are being said. I thought of you and your family when I heard about the tornado. I forgot that Roz was from Arkansas. Like I wrote to Roz, I cannot imagine the devastation that a tornado or hurricane can bring.

May God wrap his arms around you and Roz and your families & give each of you comfort and strength.

I hope that you and Roz will keep us posted about how everyone is doing.
birdlover3

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:08 pm

Thank you guys so much. The emotional part of this has really hit me physically. The mother in me wants to go down there right now and help. I can't travel and I know that. And I can't help and I know that, too.

I really appreciate everybody, and prayers for those who were hit that we don't know, also.

I HATE SM

love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby donny » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:27 pm

you'll be in our thoughts and prayers
Don
donny

prayers and thoughts

Postby tinliz » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:01 pm

Sandy...sending good thoughts and prayers your way that your family is OK. Living in upstate NY where we get well over 120" of snow annually (driving in it, watching it melt into ugliness, shlepping boots on and off)I think snow sounds a lot better now after what winds can do. Take care.
tinliz

Postby petsmom » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Tornadoes are nasty business. TN got hit real bad not long ago. so glad family was out of harm's way. Prayers going up as I type. Just added a big AMEN to David's prayer.

Dawn, TNgal
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge