Made it home safe and sound!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Made it home safe and sound!

Postby georgiagal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:56 pm

Wow, I really had a great time visiting my parents. My brothers weren't all that happy I didn't tell them I was going to be in THEIR state, but they also understood. I got to be just a daughter -- no job searching, bill paying, medical appointments, etc. Just being pampered was so nice!

I didn't realize until the morning after I got there just how much I really needed a break from reality. And no, noone called each hour while on my way home to make sure I was going in the right direction!

Went out to dinner (italian, japanese & seafood), to a movie (Nim's Island, I'd give it a 4 out of 10) and just hung around the house. We also went thru pictures my grandmother had (she passed away 2 years ago). Man was it funny to go back 30+ years and look at old pictures. My grandmother even had pictures of my brother & I with our mother & dad when they were married -- that was spooky!

The neatest picture we found in the stack was a picture of JFK and Caroline Kennedy leaving a church in Cleveland, Ohio, a month before he was assinated (maybe some money there!). Also a picture of my grandmother & great-aunt with Tony Curtis while on a cruise. My grandma was such an adventurer. Seeing old pictures of her really made me see just how much she lived her life! Until she was 80, she was driving the "old folks" to the doctors! What an example she set for her grandchildren.

Anyway, I'm back home. DH and Rascal missed me and it's good to have my own bed. I'm looking forward to spending the hours necessary to get caught up on all the postings since I've been gone. So if I haven't responded to posts in the last 4 days, give me some time, I'll catch up.

Hope you all had a good weekend! We go tomorrow to file DH's SSD application (oh joy!). Talk to everyone tomorrow!

GG
georgiagal

Postby Janice » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:38 pm

Welcome back!!!

Happy to hear you had a fun and relaxing get away. :D

Take care and rest first. You know, the vacation after the vacation. :lol:
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby ke4uzj » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:35 pm

glad you are back, and glad you had a wonderful time . i admit i am a bit jealous, i can't go be with my parents anymore. but, that's ok i just bug my big sisters lol ( they are 22 and 16 yrs older,and i'm annoying on purpose lol)
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby Amy Joe » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:32 am

Welcome back, do you remember that song?

GG so happy you got to relax! You needed it!

Were the flowers blooming and the grass green? I want some of that, with the snow gone everything is brown.

Lots to catch up on! My best wishes for today!

amy joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby Vagreeneys » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:37 am

welcome back glad you had a good time
SM Syrinx c-5 to t-3 DDD t-10 and t-11 L-4 and L-5
Rhuematoid Arthiritis
Neck Fusion C-3 to C-6
Tavlor cyst
Tethered cord
Vagreeneys