cried at work

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

cried at work

Postby debh » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:10 am

Well, I cried at work on Sat. night -I broke down because I have been not been feeling that good and my chef quit-he made sure that I was always okay and gave me three days off a week-I am physically unable to do 5 days-SM and fibromyalgia kicks my butt -I am a pastry cook and the job is taking it's toll-stress is a big add on-they downsized the shop and I am working with someone who plays the system-I cry before I go into work-What to do ? the pay is not that big of a deal but I am scared of giving up the free benefits-I am single and count on them just in case something happens-I am going to my primary doc on Wednes. and talk about Family Leave where I can only work 4 days a week-make it legal-let the outcome go and take some medical time to recup and think-does anyone have any other suggestions? :oops: :( :(
debh

Postby Janice » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:53 am

Hi Deb,

I'm sorry to hear that things haven't been going all that well for you. It seems like you've set a plan that will work in your best interest so why not give it a try. You know your body better than anyone and you know best what you can and can not handle.

You've apparently put thought into this so there's no harm in putting it to use. FMLA definitely seems like the right route to take. It was good that you had someone willing to work with you before. However, given the current situation, you want to make sure you're (legally) covered. Benefits means the world to us with all the ongoing treatment required.

Take care of you first and the rest will work out. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((hugs)))))
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

work

Postby Donna » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Talk to your HR person and see what your options are after you see your dr. When do you go back to work if you do before you see you dr you are going to have to let someone know of the problems you are having.
Please keep us posted. Hugs & sunshine for tomorrow.
Being happy doesn't meant everything is perfect. It means you have decided to see beyond the imperfections :)
Donna

Postby ket85rn » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Nothing more to add to what Donna and Janice already suggested but wanting you to know I can sympathize!
I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time. I know sometimes it all just gets to you and the tears start flowing.
I have fibromyalgia as well, just officially diagnosed recently. I can't imagine how you get through as pastry chef. I used to be quite a cake baker for family occasions, and sometimes just decorating one cake wore me out!!
I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
I hope you can manage to get some well-deserved rest.

God Bless! :)
Karen T
Anterior Cervical Discectomy C4-5, 5-6 with fusion & plating 12/06;
Diagnosed ACM type I 4/07; Decompression Surgery 5/07;
Lumbar peritoneal shunt for pseudomeningocele 8/07;
Fibromyalgia
ket85rn

Return to ASAP Lounge