Need help

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Need help

Postby dtyree » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:55 am

Whatever is happening is going fast. Took out dog for 10 min walk, both legs sore, especially hip joints. Hands hurt, not working, hard to type, hands shaking, muscles twitching, forearms burning with pain, both feet, whoa. Severe weakness all over.

Anything?

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

need help

Postby hikealaska » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:40 am

David,

I am so sorry that something that should be enjoyable and relaxing didn't turn out that way. I hope you get to feeling better and that you stay safe. Sending you a PM. First thing I did after reading this is look a few things up. I do agree with Keesha about going to the ER. You are too far out from your appointment. This can speed things up for you.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby Janice » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:03 am

Good Morning David,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many increased problems lately. Is it something that appears to be worse in the morning? Can you rest (let the meds begin working) longer and take the dog for a walk a little later? Just a thought, I know when I wake up my pain is at a 10, especially my back, legs and hips.

Is it possible to at least get into your PCP today or tomorrow? If not, as much as we don't like to, can you go to the ER (great advice Keesha)?

I know it's very scary when our symptoms increase in intensity and/or new ones begin. Can you get extra help with chores until you find out what's happening? You may need to cut down activity for a while.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. This too shall pass. I pray you are able to get answers and relief as soon as possible.

Take care and rest more during this time until you get answers.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby dtyree » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:27 pm

thanks folks. cannot go to er, they have me down as mental and they don't do a thing. will go there if uncontrolled bleeding, a bone break or unconscioius. heck with the rest.

got a call from nl, he will see me tuesady 9 am

thanks
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby ke4uzj » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:31 pm

i am sorry you feel so bad today, glad you are going to nl tomorrow . i agree the er is not worth the trouble unless it is an extreme emergency. around here they just look at you and say look fine to me :evil:
TO BEAT STRESS:
LIVE BETTER, KISS SLOWER, HUG TIGHTER, BREATHER DEEPER, AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS THROW STUFF : )-

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.
ke4uzj

Postby SMLady » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:14 pm

ke4uzj - LOVE your picture. That is really cute.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Return to ASAP Lounge