chillin at TCI

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

chillin at TCI

Postby bri23t » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:26 am

greetings from LI...i am sitting here waiting as patiently as i can for neurology to call me back...i have met w/ the nurse already so atleast one of the steps is complete...

and just from the exam w/ her i have gathered (though nothing is confirmed by a dr yet) that i have EDS...looking back to my double jointedness(is that even i word...i dont think so..oh well) from when i was little maybe should have been a clue...

if only my parents knew what the hell EDS was (or chiari for that matter)...the plus side is if my daughter as she gets older start displaying any of 'the' symptoms ill know what the deal is...

always looking for the silver lining

...so just waiting on neuro and does anyone else think its crap that u have to wait between NL and NS for 5 hours?...i do...anyway i was sitting here pretty bored and thought id jump online to share my boredum with u all...

i hope u all r having a good and painless monday(well as pain free as possible)...ill be back later today after NS to fill u all in on what was said :)
dx CM and SM 09/05, failed PFD 10/05
VP shunt 11/05
removal of cerebral tonsils 1/07
SM (through entire spinal cord)
TCS and EDS dx at TCI 4/08
TCS surgery 4/08, pfd revision and VP shunt revision 5/08
bri23t

Postby Janice » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:20 am

Hi Bri,

Glad to hear from you and know that things are moving along. Yes, I do think it stinks that you have to wait 5 hours. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

I hope you can find things to keep your mind occupied. I can relate to what you're going through (waiting that is).

Looking forward to your post later and praying that you get answers and help.

Take care and try your best to stay busy,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby preciousheide » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:25 pm

I HAVE BEEN WAITING ABOUT 2 WEEKS JUST TO GET THE FORMS TO FILL OUT (to see if I can get an appoitment)

you wanna grab some for me while your there? Lmao

:lol:

anyway, hope they show up soon for you. please let us know how it goes!
preciousheide

Postby preciousheide » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:25 pm

I HAVE BEEN WAITING ABOUT 2 WEEKS JUST TO GET THE FORMS TO FILL OUT (to see if I can get an appoitment)

you wanna grab some for me while your there? Lmao

:lol:

anyway, hope they show up soon for you. please let us know how it goes!
preciousheide

Postby Janice » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi PreciousHeide,

I thought I read on this forum that the new layout on the TCI website includes the forms required. You might want to check their website and if the forms are there, just download and fax/send to them. It couldn't hurt to see if they are there.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to ASAP Lounge