It got worse...

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

It got worse...

Postby christinewebb » Fri May 25, 2007 3:04 am

Well, I went to the pain DR the other day after having an updated MRI done last week.

My syrinx went from T2-T8 now goes from T2-T9 and it has gotten a little wider - it is now at 2-2.8 so - I guess the pnemonia that I had back in Jan/Feb that caused my hernia made the syrinx larger as well.

I go to see the NS on the 11th to see what he has to say about it, but all in all - at least I know that I am not crazy. The pain had gotten worse and more pronounced and now I know why.

I leave on the 12th for NJ for a month, so hopefully seeing some old friends and my parents for a while will make things a little interesting for a while.

Tomorrow is my DH and I's 6th wedding anniversary and I don't really think I want to go anywhere to celebrate. Sitting at a dinner or a show sounds like more pain than fun. But he understands thank goodness. I think he is looking forward to me being gone for a while too - its been really hard on him these last two yrs since my accident. It will give us both a little break from all of the illness and craziness.

Well, I pray you all are feeling well today and as always - you are in my prayers.
Christine in LV NV; Do not fear, you are blessed beyond your imagination...

Car accident Oct 05 -DX Jan 07 SM T1-T6; back surgery 06 2 plates & 8 screws; 3 kids and a dh that suffer along side of me each day
christinewebb

Postby Ryzing » Fri May 25, 2007 6:20 am

Christine,

Happy Anniversary!

Nothing says luvin' like finding out your syrinx has grown. Well, you're in good company. I'm sorry to hear this happened. It sounds like your up and coming trip is one that is much needed - so enjoy yourself. I will pray for comfort for you :D .

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby birdlover3 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:45 am

Happy Anniversary! Maybe your husband could buy something special to eat & bring it home. Enjoy your trip home.

It’s wonderful that you have a husband who understands some of what you’re going through. I think what I’ve gone/going through since my wreck is much harder on my husband than on me. I thank God for the wonderful Christian husband he blessed me with.

I pray the doctors find something to help ease some of your pain.
birdlover3

Postby Snoozie » Fri May 25, 2007 11:04 am

Hi Christine, Happy anniversary. I know I would not want to go anywhere this weekend with all the crowds in town. I can't stand crowds anymore. I don't know if it is the constant headache, or if I am just getting older and like to stay home. I usually just ask for dinner to be brought in for our special occasions anymore. As long as I don't have to cook it I am a happy camper.

I had the upright MRI a few weeks back and while I have not seen the doc for my follow up I got a copy of the scan and I can see that mine has grown. Not alot, but bigger none the less, both in width and length. It has been almost 2 years since I had a MRI so I was worried but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am hurting so much I expected more. I need to get the thoracic done to see whats up in there next.

Well enjoy your night whatever you decide to do, and enjoy your time away. Are you taking the kids with you? I am trying to get to San Diego without the kids next month. It has never happened before so wish me luck...Sue
Snoozie

It got worse

Postby christinewebb » Fri May 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Thank you everyone for the sweet anniversay wishes. I know it should be a time to celebrate, but like many of you have said, its hard to get up and go when you get up and go has already gone on with out you lol

I am going to give my husband the best possible anniversary gift I can - the gift of peace lol I am taking the kids to the pool this weekend, black mountain pool is around the corner from where we live. So I will pile up the kids and the rolling cooler and spend most of the day in the water with them at the pool. (ok, we all know that means as long as I can possible tolerate it lol)

He has been so bogged down at work (people always dying to meet him lol) and has almost 30 families to catch up on. So I will let him do just that, get some work done in peace.

Other than that, if we take in a game of bingo after the kids go to bed (his sister and nephew live with us so we have a built in babysitter lol) he will be happy. How sad is it that at 34 and 38 (yes I am the old one lol) bingo is a celebration for us lol - so I guess you know how we will be spending our retirement lol TO THE BINGO HALL!!! lol will be our motto lol

Well, thanks again and I appreciate all of the prayers. They really do help, especially since it is so hard to get to church these days. Cant seem to sit in the seat though the whole thing.

Love you all - Chris
Christine in LV NV; Do not fear, you are blessed beyond your imagination...

Car accident Oct 05 -DX Jan 07 SM T1-T6; back surgery 06 2 plates & 8 screws; 3 kids and a dh that suffer along side of me each day
christinewebb

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders