Seizures as a result of pfd surgery?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Seizures as a result of pfd surgery?

Postby pseudotumor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:54 am

Okay, so I feel concerned and want to have a discussion about this before I bring it up with my doctor because we all know how doctors can be at times...

I had a pfd on August 4th. I've had virtually no chiari-type headaches since (hooray), but have had terrible left occipital nerve pain for which I take 1200mg of neurontin 3 times a day, and have been recieveing nerve blocks which are minorly successful, so this is a work in progress.

The past two days I've awoken in the middle of the night to loud scary noises, that since my husband and dog are resting peacefully, I can only assume are in my head. After a bit of googling I've come up with 'exploding head syndrom', where a person essentailly hallucinates a loud sound either when they're falling asleep or waking up. One suggested cause of this is temporal lobe epilepsy.

Now, I know that during a pfd my temporal lobe is not even close to being touched, but my doctor told me I'm having different heaches due to frontal lobe swelling, so could this be? Also they've been messing with my neurontin dosage because it was giving me gastric problems, and i've read that stopping/changing neurontin doses can cause seizures in people who've had no history of them.

So...anyone else ever experience something like this after surgery or anyone have any other possible conclusions I can bring to my doc? :|
pseudotumor

Re: Seizures as a result of pfd surgery?

Postby Vlock » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:09 am

I'm sorry you are experiencing this, it must be frightening. Perhaps Razzle may be able to help you? She is very in the know on all of this. Your surgeon should be able to guide you best of course, but I know we are all looking for answers to all of this. Please let's us know what you find out and I really hope you feel better. I am very glad to hear that your headaches are gone!

Vlock
Vlock

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders