New Chiari Center in Ohio

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

New Chiari Center in Ohio

Postby razzle » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:06 am

Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Re: New Chiari Center in Ohio

Postby Moemkate » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:11 pm

After reading the information posted, I see this center has been going for five years. Are any of the 500 patients they've seen on this site, and are you able to tell us if it's a place you would recommend! I'm looking for somewhere closer to home than TCI, and whether or not I can get the same quality of care. Thank you Kay
Moemkate

Postby razzle » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:14 am

put Dr Tew in the search box at the top and you may find some people . Dr Tew has been around a long time and experienced with chiari.
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby Lisav » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Ray D'Alonzo the author of "Contents Under Pressure" One Man's Triumph Over Chiari Syndrome (great read) was instrumental in help setting this center up. Ray came to our Conquer Chiari Walk Across America in CT and gave a speech all about the center. He is very knowledgable about good chiari doctors. It sounds like a great place to also go. They also give free opinions or 2nd opinions if you send them all your records, MRI etc. Dr. Tew is on the chiari doctor list. Ray is also on the board for the center.

Lisa V
Lisav

Postby lttutrow » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm

I'm not great at posting links, but this was an exchange on this board regarding someone who had their initial surgery with this nsg:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12056

The title of the initial post was: I thought I was getting somewhere w/ new NL . However, if you read through the comments, you'll see a summary of her care for the initial surgery and post op.
I'd say ask LOTS and LOTS of questions about what happens if there are post op complications or if symptoms return post op and how they handle those.
lttutrow

Postby mikewk » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks much Finally a place that can do cine MRI's and is close to home :!: Mike's mom
mikewk

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders