I don't feel human...

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

I don't feel human...

Postby debbarker12 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:35 am

I need someone to tell me I'm ok! I dislocate my ribs and hips all the time. I swear if you look at me wrong, a rib will pop out! I took a break from my Dr for 5 weeks in the hopes that maybe my ribs would magically put themselves back where they belong. The last 2 days have been horrendous. I finally went in this afternoon and my right hip, SI joint, left shoulder and 12 ribs were out. Yes, I said TWELVE! I didn't even know that was possible. ASSuming that there was probably a very good reason why I felt like my chest had been crushed??!!?? ;) I'm used to the usual 4 or 5 a week but never this many and it really scared me. I'm trying to joke about it to my family because it doesn't even sound human. Has anyone else had this many out at one time? I didn't have any trauma, didn't lift anything...they just seem to "fall out". I have EDS, Syringomyelia and DDD.

Thank you for reading and providing feedback! :)
Deb Nap Barker
Deb
(EDS, Chondromalacia Patella Bilat, SM C6-7, DDD, PTC, Low lying tonsils, Cranio-cervical trauma & instability)
~This Too Shall Pass~
debbarker12

Re: I don't feel human...

Postby MichelleW » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:25 am

Man alive!!! I can't imagine having 12 out of place!! I have two lower ribs that pop out once in a while and that hurts, A LOT. I can't imagine 12 being out!

Take it easy and hope the pain eases!
SM C1 to T8 15mm wide
Subarachnoid shunt 9/9/09 FAILED
Syringopleural shunt @T1-2 18/11/09.
Syrinx collapsed even more, revealing SUBARACHNOID CYST at T5/6
2nd syringopleural shunt planned for 11/2011
MichelleW

Re: I don't feel human...

Postby Janice » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:43 am

WOW!!!!! Deb, I'm so sorry to hear that, it definitely sounds horrendous! I can't even imagine one rib being out of place. There was one other person here before who suffered terribly from EDS & the many dislocations she'd get. She's been gone a while now.

I can see how that might make you feel inhumane, I sometimes feel this way due to several issues I have. It's scary, eerie, freakish, etc., but overall we know we are human & that's what counts most.

Sending prayers, love & hugs your way Deb! I hope you can find a way(s) to manage, but until then, don't go skipping anymore doc appointments! :-)
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders