I don't feel human...

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

I don't feel human...

Postby debbarker12 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:35 am

I need someone to tell me I'm ok! I dislocate my ribs and hips all the time. I swear if you look at me wrong, a rib will pop out! I took a break from my Dr for 5 weeks in the hopes that maybe my ribs would magically put themselves back where they belong. The last 2 days have been horrendous. I finally went in this afternoon and my right hip, SI joint, left shoulder and 12 ribs were out. Yes, I said TWELVE! I didn't even know that was possible. ASSuming that there was probably a very good reason why I felt like my chest had been crushed??!!?? ;) I'm used to the usual 4 or 5 a week but never this many and it really scared me. I'm trying to joke about it to my family because it doesn't even sound human. Has anyone else had this many out at one time? I didn't have any trauma, didn't lift anything...they just seem to "fall out". I have EDS, Syringomyelia and DDD.

Thank you for reading and providing feedback! :)
Deb Nap Barker
Deb
(EDS, Chondromalacia Patella Bilat, SM C6-7, DDD, PTC, Low lying tonsils, Cranio-cervical trauma & instability)
~This Too Shall Pass~
debbarker12

Re: I don't feel human...

Postby June » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Deb - I have no advice, unfortunately, but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you are having such difficulties. I can't begin to imagine such problems, and I sincerely hope that you can get some help soon.

Please keep us informed about your progress. I wish you success in finding some relief from your problems.

June
June

Re: I don't feel human...

Postby keggler 1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:56 am

You aren't alone. Now learning to pop them back is the trick.I'm forced to if my knee pops out,my hips pop in and out and as for my ribs.......Costochondritis is what they call my rib and chest pain. I use Nsaids and baclofen,and stretch alot,before I get out of bed I stretch,and walk slowly at first.

Good luck...Jerry in Carolina...
ACM S/M BI Hiatal Hernia EDS III Successful PDF 2007 Dr Rosner
keggler 1

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders