some new information

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

some new information

Postby storto321 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm

hi i have not been on this site for some time now, i have had 5 brain surgeries, last time i was on was around april 2010, turns out not only do i have chiari malformation, i also have hydrocephalus to i had surgery,march 14,2011 and just came home from surgery which was sept 26,2011. i have finally found out that my ventricles in my brain are smaller than normal, that makes things more difficult. these past 2 surgeries we,re because my shunt had malfunctioned, my neurosurgeon really is a great guy and is doing the best that he can. he had to replace the catheter tube that hooked up to my valve it got all plugged up with ectoplasma which apparantly comes from the ventricles,i feel great for now, and am really hoping for a break fom surgeries for a while. everyone do not go to the chiari institute in white plains,ny they are about to be shut down ,they have had 70 malpractice suites, 10 dealths, they are only after money there surgeons are not trained. do any of you face criticisim? i have gotten nothing but critizied, i've been accused of faking by family and friends, because they can't see it they don't want to believe it. i have short term memory loss, i have lost some of the strength in my left side, i still have balance issues and headaches despite all the surgeries i have had, my symptoms are managible for now. i am open for any advice any has to offer
storto321

Re: some new information

Postby Moemkate » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Has anyone else been to White Plains NY Chiari Institute. I thought TCI in Great Neck NY was the only one in NY.
Moemkate

Re: some new information

Postby Moderator » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:16 pm

POST LOCKED DUE TO INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders