"Crazy" MRI Picture

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

"Crazy" MRI Picture

Postby RodeoRose » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks to Razzle, I think we've figured out how to post an actual MRI image on the message boards this image is baffling EVERY doctor/medical professional that has seen it.

Let me say first, though, that ever since I developed SM my pain from it has always been absolutely worst in my T-spine right in between my shoulders. Nothing helps the pain, not even surgeries, and of course it worsens with each passing day. The pain radiates in every direction, but especially to the right near my shoulder blad. Please let me also say, just like many of you all, I've had enough MRI's with and w/o contrast that not only can I fall asleep through any banging and knocking sounds around me, but I also never need to use a flashlight when walking in the dark because of how much I'm glowing with all residual contrast!!!...Lol! With the many MRI and other image studies the dr's have always seen the CM, SM, scoliosis, facial deformities, etc. However they've never seen a "weird" marking on my vertebra until my most recent MRI and the best they can say is that they've ruled out anything wrong with the scanner itself...

So, on one of the MRI images looking at my right side, a "white blotch" covering nearly 1/4 of my vertebrae is seen on my T-4. It is on the "top right" of that vertebrae and it has NEVER been seen on any images before. It had been nearly 20 months since I had a scan, so we did it in April/May of this year. It is by far one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Like I said, my doctors have NO CLUE what it is and all the can say is, "now we understand why your pain is worse in your T-spine and how it radiates between your shoulders..." Really? That's all they can say????

Has anywone else had or have a "blotch" like this? Does anyone know what it could be? What it's called??? Any input, thoughts, or opinions would be really, really appreciated....please.!.

~RodeoRose
31 y/o. CM: 14mm.SM: Septated syrinx extending from C2-C3 thru T2-T6, Cervicomedullary kinking, Hypoplastic right maxillary sinus, Scoliosis L4-L5 w/ stenoses, Degenerative disc disease, T6 tumor, MVP, Pulmonic valve regurgitation
RodeoRose

Re: "Crazy" MRI Picture

Postby RodeoRose » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:43 am

~RodeoRose
31 y/o. CM: 14mm.SM: Septated syrinx extending from C2-C3 thru T2-T6, Cervicomedullary kinking, Hypoplastic right maxillary sinus, Scoliosis L4-L5 w/ stenoses, Degenerative disc disease, T6 tumor, MVP, Pulmonic valve regurgitation
RodeoRose

Postby razzle » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:56 am

yep it worked , but I dont know where you are talking about
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby syrinx48 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:39 am

Hallo Rodeo Rose,

I saw you picture and first of all let me tell you I am not a doctor or radiologist to say it is this or that. It looks like what I have on my vertebrae, and it was called a haemangioma. I asked my NS about it and hè said not to bother about it. It is like a bruise, some bloodvessels are in à knot on the vertebrae. Nothing to worry about according to my NS.........

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby RodeoRose » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 am

Annemarie, thank you for the info. Did yours hurt? All my NS keeps telling me is that they now understand the cause of the pain levels in the T-spine, but have no idea how to "treat" it. How long, do you know, did you have yours? Thank you so much, again, for replying!

Have a great Sunday,
Maggie
~RodeoRose
RodeoRose

Postby RodeoRose » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:31 am

Razzle, the area I am talking about is on the T4 vertebrae, the "large" white 'blotch' on the bone of the vertebrae. My NS says there is another one beginning to form on the T7 vertebrae too.

I personally think that it's my body's way to continually keep my doctors on their toes!! We wouldn't ever want "normal" tests, office visits, etc., right?...Lol. They really should consider such patients as "job security."...Lol.

Enjoy your day,
Maggie
~RodeoRose
RodeoRose

Postby syrinx48 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:34 am

I bumped it up, there are 2 with the same item. Here is the picture to be seen.
syrinx48

Postby RodeoRose » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:23 pm

I don't see anything where I can view your posted image
~RodeoRose
RodeoRose

Postby syrinx48 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:13 pm

No, not my photo, but yours! On the other thread on this forum with the same title won't show your picture. In this thread is does, so anyone can see it. That's why I bumped it up
syrinx48

Postby RodeoRose » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:27 am

Oops! Sorry, I misunderstood! Thank you for bumping it up!
~RodeoRose
RodeoRose

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders