Progress!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Progress!

Postby ljturner66 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:22 am

Got an appointment with a local NS who treats Chiari - no small feat considering I had to practically beg...so now that I have an appointment, what do I need to do to be best prepared? What questions should I be asking and should I write out my symptoms? I am thinking they probably will have me fill out a form anyway listing them. Hoping this will give me some answers about whether or not I need surgery. Don't want it, but will do it if it really will help with the symptoms.
ljturner66

Re: Progress!

Postby pmaxwell » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:59 am

Hope the appointment gives you the needed answers.

It is a good idea to make a list of your symptoms as well as how often they occur and when. If you're like me, you'd forget about half of them at the appointment.

also write down questions you have. It will help the day of the appointment. If you don't get to all the questions, maybe he will take the paper and answer them at his convenience.

best wishes,

Patricia
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Re: Progress!

Postby Claudine » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Take a tape recorder with you and tape the whole conversation. We did this with Dr. Oro (he had no objection whatsoever) and it was very helpful to replay the meeting when we got home. It's too easy to forget what the NS says after you leave his office.
I wish you the best.
C.
Claudine

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders