question for the women about sensitivity

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

question for the women about sensitivity

Postby Debbieducati » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:17 am

I have SM and for the last year I can't tell if my shower or bath water is too hot, but is it normal to loose sensitivity everywhere, even your female area!!! I get cuts or bruses I have no clue how they happen because I can't feel them. My husband helps me now check the water, but I don't like the fact that, that area is becoming numb. Is there anything I can do to help this, and is it going to get worse? Any advise would help.
Love
Debbieducati
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Re: question for the women about sensitivity

Postby reedy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:13 am

Depends on if you want to call our condition 'normal', but yep, your wiring goes wrong and even there.
reedy

Postby Gill » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:33 am

There's probably nothing you can do to stop this happening, and if it wants to get worse, it will... On the other hand, maybe it won't. It's all feeling to me increasingly random and arbitrary these days. Reedy's correct about wiring going wrong, and the range of effects that can have on a complex system - like a human body - is vast.

Your way forward is probably to look for ways around it, just like you do with the temperature of the bath water (or something a bit more imaginative, maybe). Talk it through with your husband if you can, and find something that works for both of you. There will be a way of dealing with this, but it might take a bit of trial and error or experimentation to find it.

Gill
Gill

Postby princesk8 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Unfortunately I have also had sensitivity issues down there. It totally sucks!!! I just started taking Gingko Biloba to help with blood flow but it will be several months before I know if it has any effect. You have to get creative and a lot of times that doesn't work either. Everything is trial and error, like with our meds!! Just know you're not the only one.
Chiari 1 7 mm & Syrinx C5-T10. Scoliosis(22 degree L & 20 degree T curve). 2.4 cm Arachnoid Cyst at lower left occipital lobe. Bulging Disk C5-C6, C6-C7 & L5-S1. Early facet arthrosis L2-L4. Mild inferior foraminal narrowing L4-S1
princesk8

Postby Cyborg Ninja » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:18 am

If you have a syrinx in a lower area of the spinal cord, that affects that dermatome, then I can see it happening. It's happened to me before, but only briefly. It was weird because suddenly half of it went numb.
DX: SM (idiopathic), Crohn's disease, Graves' disease, gallstones, scoliosis, anemia
Meds: tramadol, Asacol, Cymbalta, Synthroid, fish oil supplement, multivitamin
Cyborg Ninja

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders