It's only when I pray that my pain goes away

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

It's only when I pray that my pain goes away

Postby Cyborg Ninja » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:10 am

Sometimes I pray to God at night, when I think about helping other people and pray for them, it's then that my pain goes away. It's only then that I realize how much pain I'm really in day-to-day. I have much more pain in my hands than I realize, and I just sort of live with it all. Thank God that I have those pain-free moments.
DX: SM (idiopathic), Crohn's disease, Graves' disease, gallstones, scoliosis, anemia
Meds: tramadol, Asacol, Cymbalta, Synthroid, fish oil supplement, multivitamin
Cyborg Ninja

Re: It's only when I pray that my pain goes away

Postby pmaxwell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:07 pm

The mind is a funny thing isn't it. The more I think about the pain the worse it gets. By focusing on other things, I don't notice it so much. I know it is still there and sometimes it is all I can think about but if I can distract myself, it helps for short periods. I'm glad you are able to get a little relief.

best wishes,

Patricia
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Re: It's only when I pray that my pain goes away

Postby tlserenity » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:56 pm

i was thinking the other day how bad my hands *used* to hurt...then I realized the only difference between then and now is that by the grace of God I have accepted that this is the path that I have to walk now. While the pain in my hands (&body) is still as bad, I no longer sit and worry about how bad it is - I worry more about how I can help someone else feel better! And like you - it starts with prayer. And since I am housebound, the next step is an email or a Facebook message. During those times, I don't feel the pain. Blessed moments of Relief. It's hard to feel our pain when we are focused on God!

God Bless you!

(now if only this could done 24/7!)
Terry Lynne
*I am not my pain. I am not my past. I am that which has emerged.*
tlserenity

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders