Weight Gain

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Weight Gain

Postby gunflint » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 pm

I'm wondering what fellow CM/SM members have done about weight control. I lost about 11 pounds in the hospital following surgery and have managed to stay at my discharge weight but it's hard. With an inability to exorcize or even work up a sweat and given the weight gain side effects of several of the meds that a lot of us are on, I worry about the possibility of gaining weight with little ability other than starvation to lose it. What have others done?
gunflint

Re: Weight Gain

Postby razzle » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:22 am

I was taking Neurontin and gained 40 plus lbs and I went into depression . It was horrible , cause I am 5 ft 1 and never weighed that in my life . I asked my dr to change my meds which she did and I lost it all . eeveryone is different . Medication is a big factor . good luck /R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby gunflint » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:19 am

What did she change your neurontin too? I seem to wake up in the middle of the night and eat unhealthy things. I'm only taking hydrocodone and neurontin.
gunflint

Postby razzle » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:08 pm

well I had to play around with a few , Topamax , ameritriptline , and now Keppra
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders