Sinus teeth pain?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Sinus teeth pain?

Postby toport20 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:21 am

Does anyone experience sinus teeth pain on one side? Oh gosh I am miserable. I thought I had a sinus infection a couple weeks ago, and took all my antibiotics but it is still hurting. Just on the left side, up my nostril, like someone's hammering a nail. Plus all my teeth- upper and lower on the left.

Just wonderin, thanks!
Tracy
Pre OP:
SM 3mm C3-L1
Tonsillar Herniation 5mm due to TCS
TCS Surgery TCI 6-6-08
ICT 6-7-08

Post OP: 2011-MRI
CM 8mm
SM C2-C6 9mm

PFD done in May 2012
Arachnoiditis found
toport20

Re: Sinus teeth pain?

Postby pfb1977 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:41 pm

I have jaw and teeth pain. I have allergies to everything as well. Toothpaste for sensitive teeth help some. I have major muscle tension which I think contributes. I use a netti pot to clean my sinus as well as mucinex to move all of the gunk out. Hope you feel better soon.
pfb1977

Postby pseudotumor » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:28 am

I had a cavity filled today and have to have a root canal tomorrow. For some reason dental work gives me a headache and makes my scalp nerves hurt.
pseudotumor

Postby pmaxwell » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:49 am

When you have dental work done make sure they do not hyper-extend your neck.

I am having the sinus infection with teeth pain but didn't realize the connection. I am glad you posted about this. Mine is on the right side as is the sinus pressure.

wishing everyone a better 2012,
Patricia
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby caughtknee » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Ears, sinuses, and teeth are all connected. If you have a syrinx in your cervical spine, then you'll notice flare ups in any of these areas. I have tinnitus flare ups, as well as sinus and tooth pain any time I'm experiencing issues with my syrinx.
caughtknee

Postby runner43 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:52 pm

nOT GLAD BUT I HAVE THE WORSE PAIN ALSO..MY WHTE BLOOD CELL COUNT IS VERY HIGH MY DOCTOR IS ORDERING AND ANTIBIOTIC BUT DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IS INFECTED..i REALLY NEED TO FIND A DOC THAT DEALS WITH cHIARI..I'M IN OKLAHOMA HAS ANYONE HAD ANY GOOD HELP HERE.. :roll: :roll:
runner43

Postby hegnauea » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Add me to the list that gets this problem. I've always had it - I have very very deep tooth roots. But it has gotten worse each year since my diagnosis. I do think there is a connection.
hegnauea

Postby diemahr » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:34 pm

You might try looking for a neuromuscular therapist who is familiar with the trigger points in the temporalis, lateral pterygoid and occipitofrontalis muscles (among others, but those especially).

Those muscles have trigger points that can refer pain to the sinuses and teeth and are innervated by cranial nerves.

Cranial nerves can be involved in CM/SM, I believe...
diemahr

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders