First Post Need Answers

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

First Post Need Answers

Postby Mizzou1983 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Hello to all,

I am 28 years old and have had pain from a small syrinx for 7 years now. I went from a athletic confident young man to a young man full of despear and lost in the world. My syrinx is small roughly 4 mm wide but it extends from c3 all the way to t9.My symptoms started as muscle pain in my neck and left shoulder and numbness when i slept in my left hand. It has since slowly and at times rapidly spread through out my entire body. I now have constant numbness in both hands, pain in my neck, upper back, left and right shoulder and lower back pain. Numbess in my feet and pain while walking. i have numbness in the left side of my face but only slight.I have seen doctors and most arent sure if the syrinx is causing the pain or just dont want to acknowledge it.Some say its just my central canal. I found one doctor who said i had a slight chari and i had the decompression surgery but the only thing i got out of it was a huge scare. Since the surgery it has spread to more of my body and i have lost more feeling in my hands and feet and feel like im losing my ability to walk. but nobody is willing to operate or find a way to stop the progression. I live in the St Louis Missouri area and i have seen 7 different neurosurgens and have gotten many different opinions. What do I do? Is there a doctor out there who can help? I can live with what i am now but how can i live if it never stops progressing? which it hasnt one bit! If somebody can help me better understand that would be a blessing. Thank you
Mizzou1983

Re: First Post Need Answers

Postby razzle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:48 am

If yu type Missouri in the seach box you can see who everyone else uses for a dr. .. There are just not many NS in that area . Good luck . There is Dr Firm in chicago and Dr Menenz in Iowa . R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders