Itching after surgery?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Itching after surgery?

Postby pseudotumor » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Weird question - has anyone had itching in their head-plate area after pfd? I'm about four and a half months out and the past couple weeks have had horribly intense itching on my scar tissue and up to about 2 inches away from it in every direction. I plan to discuss it with my doc but while I'm waiting to see him I thought I'd see if anyone on here has had a similar experience?
pseudotumor

Re: Itching after surgery?

Postby Beverley » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:14 pm

My story with ithching was rather strange... The left side if my head still has some numbess but just after surgery it was a stronger kind of numbness... But I would itch where my head is numb so it I could scratch where I thoght the itch was but I couldn't feel or relieve the itch. The itch felt deeper and It was quite annoying. One day I was touching the other side of my neck/head, the upper part almost in the head area and it relieved the itch. Go figure... It is really quite odd how the nerves are connected.. It was some kind of hyper reflex or something.

I would think that 4 weeks out it could just be healing. Sometimes that is a good thing as long as it is not too annoying.

Bev
Decompression Surgery Feb 8, 2008 w/Duraplasty & Laminectomy C-1&2
Cervical Disc Fusion 11/08 C5&6/6&7- Mild Disc Bulge L2-Focal Hemangioma
L2-L5-Lipoma 3mm L4&L5-Disc Bulge T11&T12-DDD
Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (DRD)
Beverley

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders