Hangover--sort of

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hangover--sort of

Postby June » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Happy New Year, Everyone--

I'm just looking for some sympathy and support today. On New Year's Eve, I played cards with DH and friends until after the witching hour, even though I was in lots of pain. I had missed Christmas dinner and another games night because of SM and just couldn't bear missing another event--so I sucked it up, took a few extra mg's of Oxycontin, and gutted it out. I even had some fun. No alcohol, of course.

Afterwards, and yesterday, I was in unbelievable pain. Well, I'm sure you all can believe it and many have probably experienced it. Today is marginally better. I'm so angry at myself, and of course, depressed that my life is like this. I had hoped that the tethered cord surgery last July would change my life, but the effect seems to have lasted about two months, and I'm basically back to where I was a year ago. And my NS says there is nothing to be done, except the Paleo diet, of course. (See a previous vent!) Right now life for me consists of pain and more pain. As many of you know, that's not much to look forward to.

Thanks for reading my "poor me" vent. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

June
June

Re: Hangover--sort of

Postby karenb » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:23 pm

June,

I'm so sorry your holidays have been... ahem... less than Hallmark moments?

I definitely understand the feeling of being let down by your body, and I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I feel even worse, though, knowing that you were in so much pain. It's so hard trying to "suck it up" for others, and to feel part of life, while all the time feeling miserable.

My heart definitely goes out to you - if you were closer, I'd offer a shoulder to cry on (or at least a hand to hold). So consider this a virtual shoulder.

I hope you're feeling better soon... and feel free to vent any time you need to.

Karen
karenb

Re: Hangover--sort of

Postby June » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Karen --You are so right; Hallmark it wasn't. And thanks for the virtual body parts. I can have a good cry and feel better!

SM SUCKS!!! Sorry for shouting, but that felt good.

Thanks for understanding.

June
June

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders