2 New Symptoms

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

2 New Symptoms

Postby wendi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:41 am

I have been doing ok with my meds & symptoms. For those of you who don't know me. I have CM which was made worse by tethered cord. I was dx'd in 10/07 and had TCS 1/03/08, Geez, yesterday, it was 4 years. How time flies. Anyway, I have been better since my surgery. I am not cured, I will always have cm and the symptoms along with my other ailments. I had a brain and C&L Spine MRI with and without contrast back in August which said there was no change from 2004. Of course the radiologist that read it did not say I have cm as I did not have it done or read by TCI because I was not going to go to NY for a MRI. I am thinking of sending my CD to them tho.

Here is what is going on. Recently, I have been suffering dizzy spells. It happens when I bend over and after I get into bed and turn to my right to get my CPAP mask. Wierd. I tried turning to my left and it does not happen. Also, the last two nights my CPAP mask strap is making my head numb! Now, my strap is not too tight, if anything, it is loose! It is the wierdest feeling to wake up and have one side of your head feel like it has fallen asleep! After I move around and rub it, it goes away. It is just like when your foot or hand goes to sleep, but who ever heard of that happening to your head?

Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone think I should get this checked out? The dizzy spells I have heard could be a symptom of menopause which I also just started.

Thanks for your help!

Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: 2 New Symptoms

Postby razzle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 am

hummmmm well never heard of dizzyness with menopause cause been there done that and still doing it and never had dizzyness . and forgot why do you do the cap thingy??? Have youtried not doing it anymore . and finally welocme back
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby wendi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 pm

I looked up menopause symptoms and dizziness is one.I am definetly suffering from the horrible sweating.

I need my CPAP due to sleep apnea. It is pretty important since I stop breathing in my sleep.

I haven't been anywhere, just no time to post as much as usual, but thanks tho.

Take care,
Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby jinglebells » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi Wendi,
Sorry I cannot give you any answers,but i also have problems depending on which side i lie on. I also was diagnosed in 2007 with chiari and diagnosed with syringomyelia in 2008. Before my diagnosis i would find that if i laid on my right side my face would feel like it was flapping and if i laid on my left side i would feel terribly dizzy.This went away after surgery but has started to happen again over the last months.I am 47 and not going through the menopause YET!!
I guess that just somet else to look forward too.Yes you should get this looked into,it wont do any harm,
Take care Wendi,
Jinglebells
jinglebells

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders