Botox injections

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Botox injections

Postby gabi214 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:41 am

I recently had Botox injections into my upper back and neck for severe, unrelieved muscle spasms. I have Syringomyelia, and my syrinx goes from C4-T11. I have had amazing results with the Botox, and the muscle spasms are down to a minimum.
I have been on Baclofen and Dilaudid for the pain/muscle spasms and have been able to completely go off the Baclofen.
I also have been able to go back to work part time as a nurse. It has been 3 weeks since the botox injection, with the maximum effect to be at 4 weeks and it will have to be repeated after about 4 month.
For anyone considering the Botox, it has been a great relief for me.
gabi214

Re: Botox injections

Postby pmaxwell » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 am

That is great news. I know it doesn't work for everyone but thankfully it does for some. My understanding is you only have to have so many treatments but I forget how many. Is that what they have told you?
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Re: Botox injections

Postby karenb » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Gabi,

That is such great news!!! When I was researching botox, I found several people who had had experiences similar to yours.

I had botox in my legs, and the result was a bit different - of course, the spasms were much further away from the syrinx than yours (my syrinx is T6-T9). When I was checked three weeks post-injection, the injection had eliiminated the muscle spasticity, even though the spasm itself remained.

Please keep us informed about how things go - I hope it goes really, really well for you!

Karen
karenb

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders