Redo's - PFD Surgery

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Redo's - PFD Surgery

Postby zenkeeper » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello All;

I am curious to hear from any of you guys who have had redo's of your PFD surgery. I am 1.5 yrs. post op and still experience some problems from complications I had from my surgery - at times these symptoms have me on my back for days....Other times not too bad.

I have an appointment with Dr. Oro in a month for him to take a look at things and just wanted to get a sense of how people do with having the PFD redone by a CM expert. I know we are all different but hoping someone might be able to share. Many thanks. ZK
zenkeeper

Re: Redo's - PFD Surgery

Postby pseudotumor » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm assuming Oro didn't do it in the first place? He did my surgery and it went very well. I've had others tell me my incision is the cleanest/straightest one they've ever seen. :lol: So if you haven't seen him yet, I'll bet he'll be able to fix you up.
pseudotumor

Postby zenkeeper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:03 am

Thank you pseudo....I have great hope that Dr. Oro will be able to explain my on-going issues and have heard such wonderful things about him. ZK
zenkeeper

Postby pseudotumor » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:10 am

Good Luck!
pseudotumor

Postby pamela d » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:32 am

zenkeeper:

My PFD with Duraplasty had to be redone, due to CSF leak.
The first one was performed in Mar 09, second in May 09. Both times by the same surgeon: Wouter Scheivink, M.D. at Cedar Sanai-LA

Second surgery went well, but recovery was slow. Overall, because of the problems the leak caused, I felt a great deal better once it was gone. It has been a process, but I am doing well and still feel like, even after two years, there may be more improvements yet to com.

I wish you well.
pamela d

Postby zenkeeper » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Thank you pamela d! My NS just says I am "fixed" and have to live with this new pain and learn to accept it..Okay...Not so fast...

So I see Dr.Oro in three weeks to see what a CM expert has to say. It is hard for me to believe that I can have so many more symptoms since my surgery that I never had before and be "fixed". Before I accpet anything I need to hear it from someone like Dr. Oro.

Glad you are doing better after getting the leak taken care of. I had a leak early on but my NS assures me it is no longer an issue - even though I still have low -flow symptoms. Oh geez.......Just so frustrated by all of this...
zenkeeper

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders