Tremors

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Tremors

Postby gunflint » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Lately I've been getting tremors in my right hand and arm. I've never seen that symptom reported on here. Does anyone else get these? Maybe it's just the meds.
gunflint

Re: Tremors

Postby AKShel » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Tremor of the right hand/arm (and sometimes full body) have been an issue for me. I did find that when I started low dose of klonipin for spasms, my tremor was mostly controlled...what a relief!!! Hope you find some...
AKShel

Postby pseudotumor » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 pm

I get tremors now and then, thought they don't last long so I've never really worried about it.
pseudotumor

Postby jfreema » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Yep. I'm not sure if it goes along with my SM/CM or if it's separate.
Jennifer
Pre-Op: SM C2-T4 (2mm C2 to C5, 6 mm C5 to T1, 2 mm T1 to T2, 7 mm T2 to T4), CM 8 mm
PFD surgery May 2010
Post-Op: Syrinx has completely disappeared - no evidence at all!
Surgeon: Dr. John Heiss at the NIH
jfreema

Postby reedy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Fully tremors or fasciculations, the little twitches in muscles? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasciculation)

I've got loads of fasciculations in my hands - can't feel them but you can see them. I find them curious, but not deeply disturbing, considering what else is in the pipeline (or not! budumbump! That's your syinx-related joke for the day!)
reedy

Postby gunflint » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Yeah, they don't hurt nor are they that bothersome. I was just wondering if anyone else had them.
gunflint

Postby karenb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:22 am

I have them, too. I first noticed them almost 30 years ago - I also notice that my left hand tends to be steadier than the right, which is kind of weird, since all my SM-related symptoms tend to be worse on the left than on the right... so I just figure it's a red herring...

Karen
karenb

Postby smoovie0704 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 pm

I get these the entire length of the body on my left side. You cannot see them, but I feel them. It happens when I am laying on my right side and if I get up to walk or stand it goes away. It will return if I lay back down in the same position. My NL says it is not Chiari related, I do not have SM, but it could be the Fibro. I was not taking any meds for a period of 6 months before they happened for the first time.
Complex Migraine w/o Aura
CM 9mm
Fibromyalgia
smoovie0704

Postby karenb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:31 pm

I've know several folks with a condition called "Essential Tremor", where only one side or portion of the body is affected.

Karen
karenb

Postby passmass » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 pm

I got tremors right after I first started having problems. Started out as twiches and then full blown tremors. But I had disc ruptured into spinal cord at C5-6. Got better after surgery but I take meds for them. On bad days I have small ones!!
Passmass
EDS, SM C5-T2, CM, DDD, De-Tethered (Jan. 07), Fibromyalgia, Central Sleep Apnea, Central Pain Syndrone
passmass

Postby pamela d » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:22 am

I have an occasional tremor, with thumb, and pointer finger of left hand. The only meds I take are aleve Skelaxin, and Ativan.
No idea what causes the tremor, and most of my symptoms have been on my right side

Who knows? It makes me a little curious, but does not bother me that much
pamela d

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders