Neck Pain/Movement 2 Years Later--WHY NECK Pain?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Neck Pain/Movement 2 Years Later--WHY NECK Pain?

Postby jorlex » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:25 am

Hi All,
It's been two years since my decompression. I've tried so hard to just ignore any issues I've had post surgery. For me ignorance is bliss! The more I think about it the worse I feel!

But things are getting worse and I ignore the fact that when I turn my head I look like batman! I have daily headaches, I've had them for so long I'm used to it. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but I'm getting really bothered by this neck pain. It's also becoming obvious to others at work n home, that something is wrong when you can't turn your head.

What is the deal with two years later to have this horrible neck pain? It goes from a dull ache to a burn to a stab. It stays right along my spine and the ache spreads along my shoulders. As time as gone by the aching has spread to my arms. But the bulk of the sharp pain stays right on the line of the spine, if that makes sense? It hurts to move my neck.

Yesterday I was brushing my hair and I temporary lost control of my muscles of my neck and it just tipped backwards. It was the oddest thing!! Of course all this neck pain is not helping the headaches.

I take topamax and Aleve daily. The NL says it's a migraine the last time I told him my neck was bothering me. That was 1 year ago, I've not been back. I just get my refills :). Migraines, really?

Anyone else? Tell me I'm not crazy!
jorlex

Re: Neck Pain/Movement 2 Years Later--WHY NECK Pain?

Postby storm » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:25 pm

I would definitely check with my neurologist again and have some tests done to rule out anything new.

I have had neck pain and Migraines on and off since I have had the decompression 12 years ago however pain meds normally help .Not much ;o)
When they dont work and I cant stand it anymore I get a script for physical therapy . It really does help to have them stretch the muscles and loosen you up .
Chances are something just was pinched and you will just need a little help working it out .
storm

Re: Neck Pain/Movement 2 Years Later--WHY NECK Pain?

Postby jorlex » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Thank you, that makes sense! I need to do something!
jorlex

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders