Mood swings and SM

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Mood swings and SM

Postby pfb1977 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Can sm cause mood swings. I'm in a bad mood and irritable alot and sometimes my mood seems to change from minute to minute. I originally thought it was my medications but those have been changed. I'm starting to think its just me. My mother has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder but not sure if thats whats wrong with me or not. Doctors have been of no help. Taken several antidepressants and mood stabilizers
pfb1977

Re: Mood swings and SM

Postby storm » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:19 am

I feel the same, very irritable.I think that the pain just wears me down and who wouldnt me grumpy if they were in pain 24/7 .

My mother is so up beat and has all this energy and it drives me insane ! Dont get me wrong I lover her to pieces and sometimes her high on life will rub off on me and put me in a postive , good mood .
I also have tried the antidepresants and Provigil for more energy as I am so sleepy all the time Neither worked .

You may want to try taking vitamin D also . I noticed a month or 2 back that I was more miserabel then ususual and I bumped that up and i noticed a difference in 2 days . I was more "stable"
storm

Postby jjames » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I strongly believe that what causes moodiness (mine anyway) is dealing with the pain all day. It is hard to "put up a strong front" all day long. I work FT and have 2 small children. By the end of the day, I am in pain, sore, tired, hurting, and truth be told, I am tired of "faking it" so I tend to get grumpy. I just want one day of being pain free. I don't know that the ACM/SM cause mood swings, but I think the way in which we deal with the pain may.
Just my 2 cents....
~Everything is always ok in the end. If it's not, then it isn't the end.~

JJames
ACM/SM
1998 Decompression; 2007 PFR @ TCI
Syrinx C1-T10
Mild Scoliosis
Mom to two wonderful sons!
jjames

Postby Graybo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:49 am

Graybo

Postby Syrinx810 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Yes, I also think pain and stress where us down. I'm still in the crazy stage. Not that I'm crazy but the doctors think I am. How would that make someone irratible. Breathing exercises help me. Again sounds crazy, in throught the nose breath till 5, exhale from mouth also 5 seconds. Close eyes and relax. I tried counting to 10 but usually just screamed the last numbers. " I wonder if that's why the doctors think I'm crazy". LOL
Syrinx810

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders