Locked knees

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Locked knees

Postby taichi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:28 pm

When I stand for any length of time I find I have locked my knees without realizing it. If i do this sveral times a day,my knees hurt the next day. At first this was just every now and then, now it seems to be daily. Has anyone experience this ? There arer so many different disorders we experience that can not be explained. Thanks

Barbara
taichi

Re: Locked knees

Postby karenb » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi Barbara,

Do you have SM? My Neuro-PT mentioned that she can tell her SM patients because they lock their knees while standing and while walking. I know that I do, and have for who knows how long. An acquaintance of mine with a decades-long case of SM does it really bad (it's easy to tell because his legs have completely atrophied following a childhood case of TB - mine legs are a lot chubbier!).

Karen
karenb

Postby taichi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:41 am

Yes, I have SM.
taichi

Postby LFRM » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:24 am

I have the same problem. Before I know I had SM I thought it was because I had problem with my knees and I had surgery but after surgery my knees were worst, it was not the surgery, it was the TCS after surgery I got well, know that SM has worsen my knees are locked again!! Some times they bent over, times they are locked!!

Laura Mexico.
LFRM

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders