Chiari re do surgery

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Chiari re do surgery

Postby LFRM » Tue May 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi every body,

This is Laura from Mexico. There is a long time I have not write. I have some urgent questions for everybody. I had decompression surgery for Chiari 0 last year. I have SM and TCS. I already had the TCS surgery. Last year I had the Chiari decompression surgery as I have many CSF leaks, in my ear, nose and spine. I felt terrible, I also had papilledema. So I had surgery. At the begining everything went ok, but a month after a pair of bags appeared in my neck, like water bags right under the skin. So then the doctor said this was because I have High intracranial pressure, so I needed a lumbar shunt. So he put it on. Now, a year after both surgeries I have a cyst in my surgery site it is right there in the skull base it is impeding CSF flow to the spinal canal again. I seems that these cysts grow when doctors do not open well, right there in the posterior fossa and they also do not open well the atlas or the C2. So I will have a redosurgery next week as I have 6 CSF leaks again and the SM has grown particularly in the cervical and upper spine level.

So my questions are:

Who of you had a redo decompression surgery?
Who of you had a C2 cut so the CSF could passed down?

Please tell me your experience particularly if you cut the C2 a little so CSF could pass down into the spinal canal.

Thank you very much.
Laura
LFRM

Re: Chiari re do surgery

Postby Janice » Thu May 10, 2012 2:01 am

Hi Laura,

I'm so sorry you're going through so much. You're in my thoughts & prayers. I hope you're able to get answers, I know there are quite a few w/redo & shaved C2. Have you tried doing a search?

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby LFRM » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Thank you for answering my post. I all ready had the redo surgery I feel much better. I hope it serve now. Janice, do you have an hemangioma, I have an hemangioma too? Does it bothers you a lot? What do you know about this kind of tumor? Laura
LFRM

Postby gunflint » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:23 pm

LFRM, Please keep in mind that there are a lot of us that are thinking of you. I sincerely hope things get better for you soon.
gunflint

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders