Need someone to talk to. Driving myself insane!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Re: Need someone to talk to. Driving myself insane!

Postby drummergrl » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Oh, I know EXACTLY what you mean! I feel the same way about news/results. Even though it's nerve wracking, it'll be much better for you in the long run to get some answers now. Hang in there and keep us updated!
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Postby NuChiarian » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:46 pm

OK. MRI is done...now I wait...
Spinal Decompression and cervical fusion with duralplasty of own tissue/May 2010 for ACM and SM

dx w/ Spina Bifida Myelomeningocele and Hydrocephalus at birth.
NuChiarian

Postby NuChiarian » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:15 am

My NS called today and told me the MRI looked GOOD!! I don't even have to go in to see them!!

I am really happy that my symptoms aren't Chiari related, but kind of annoyed that I don't get to see my NS. They sort of just brushed me off.

Anyways, I'm fine! Thanks for listening to me vent.
Spinal Decompression and cervical fusion with duralplasty of own tissue/May 2010 for ACM and SM

NuChiarian

Postby drummergrl » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm

The EXACT same thing happened to me once- I was thrilled my MRI looked good but hated missing an opportunity to discuss with my neurosurgeon. So glad to hear the scan looks good, that must be a relief to know it's not the CM!
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Postby NuChiarian » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Oh it is, definitely, but I'm still having symptoms that have begun again since May.

All they said was the MRI looks "good", but now I'm thinking: What does "good" mean? Same as the last MRI? Some change but not bad enough to warrant intervention? Are my symptoms attributed to Chiari anyway, but just what I have to live with? They told me nothing and I feel bad for complaining about it cause everything is "good" but it's just how I feel.

NuChiarian

Previous

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders